Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Sustentability    

Sustentability

agostine_
Brazil

Sustentability

Hi people! :)

Please, I need your help!

In the school I work, we are supposed to work (and present) with our students something about sustainability. We are in the "language area" about this subject. Do you have any ideas or any website suggestions? Or does your country or city have a specific project or law about this theme? The students are 10-14 years old.

Anything you have will be nice!

Thanks in advance!

Hugs,
Agostine

21 Jan 2011      

Amanda W
Austria

Hi Agostine,
      Could you mean sustainability? If you do, I might have some ideas,
Best Wishes,
Mandy

21 Jan 2011     

agostine_
Brazil

Hi Mandy!
That �s it! Sorry for the misspelling, probably I was going to write in Portuguese. :) I �ve already corrected it. Can you help me, please?
So glad!!!
Hugs,

21 Jan 2011     

Amanda W
Austria

"Cradle to Cradle"

William McDonough and Michael Braungart have written a book called, �Remaking the Way we Make Things� (the book itself  is printed on a synthetic �paper, � made from plastic resins and inorganic fillers which is designed to look and feel like top quality paper while also being waterproof and durable and can be easily be recycled  � a �tree-less� book. ) In a world that has consumed, demanded and disposed of everything for far too long, the two men have worked together to inspire firms and even nations (e.g. China), to look carefully at the waste they produce in the production field (and housing) and search for solutions where, in some cases, the state of the land and recourses, are in a better shape because of the existence of the company, than it was before. Their philosophy is WASTE = FOOD. What is left after production and at the end of the product�s life should be fully recyclable and/or biodegradable (an example =the felt used to protect strawberry plants in winter then composts around the plant giving the roots nutrients.)

There �s a very interesting film on Youtube (about 40 minutes -in English). Maybe you could use it and do a project around the idea. It �s really worth checking out, I think.
Wishes
Mandy

21 Jan 2011