Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Do template count as a contribution?    

Do template count as a contribution?

zailda
Brazil

Do template count as a contribution?

Hi guys!

Sorry for disturbing you, but from what I have understood of the new rules, we are allowed to send templates (free of charge, no points gained or paid) besides our limit of 3 contributions a day (for premium members) or a single daily contribution (for new members).

I thought they won �t count as a contribution, but I tried to send a template and the system wouldn �t let me, warning that I reached my 3-contribution-limit for tomorrow.

It �s been a long time since I sent my last template but I remember Victor telling something about it... Is it a system problem or just a "too-old member �s sick-aged brain" problem?

Thanks in advance!

22 Jan 2011      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi, Zailda.

Yes, you �re right. I also remember Victor saying it won �t count as a contribution but it doesn �t work. It happened to me as well when I uploaded my templates. I wanted upload 5 of them at one time and I was allowed three only.

So it seems your brain is perfectly OK, dear.Wink

Have a nice weekend, Michaela

22 Jan 2011     

joy2bill
Australia

Why don �t templates count as contributions?
The contributors work hard on them and deserve some recognition, don �t you think?
Just my tuppence worth,
Joy

22 Jan 2011     

Viktoriya88
Ukraine

yes, I agree with you... but templates are just templates... they don �t include any tasks and activities, so they cannot be ESL resources!!!

22 Jan 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Joy,

they shouldn �t count as contributions because they are for free. We, who download them, don �t get any points for them.  But what Zailda wrote about is that when you upload a template, you should still be able upload 3 wss, which is not possible at the moment. Uploading template counts as uploading a regular ws.

@Viktoriya
 Are you sure a temlate is JUST a template? Creating a template can take quite amount of time, creator won �t get any points for it and you can get it for free. So please, pay some respect to those, who are so generous to share their work for free.

22 Jan 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Is it really necessary to make these changes? How often does it really happen that people upload so many printables that they actually feel that limit? Not even Katiana or Mena upload on a daily basis, just relax guys and wait a day or two if necessary. 

22 Jan 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I agree that they aren �t ESL resources, but they can be turned into one. And Michaela is right, sometimes we spend more time preparing the template than inserting the content...

I don �t want to change anything, but I remember victor telling us that we would be able to send templates after our 3 daily contributions, and I also share 3 daily wss (usually). I didn �t upload for 2 or 3 days (internet connection problems) but now I have the 3 daily contributions for the next 4 or 5 days, if I upload the template I won �t be able to upload all the wss I prepared.

22 Jan 2011