Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Clipart.    

Clipart.

tech_teacher
Bahamas

Clipart.

Is there  a way to lock your cliparts  on your worksheets so that persons who are downloading  your ws   to steal  cliparts u have paid for the right to use.

22 Jan 2011      

Marywell
Poland

Why do you think that there are people who download your ws only to use a clipart. Secondly, if you see the same clipart in somebody �s ws, it is a totally normal situation, since we all use free cliparts (without copyrights). If certain cliparts are not free of charge everyone has to pay for access individually.
Last but not least, I prefer wss which are editable (cliparts, too), because very often I decide to alter it, or very frequently I remove unnecessary cliparts.

22 Jan 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Tech... One of the advantages of dnloading stuff from here is that you can edit the ws or PPts to suit ones needs. To lock your clipart (are they your own creations?) would prevent others from editing the ws or PPts. Ed

22 Jan 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Hi, @tech_teacher!

I understand your concern and agree with you that some members pay to use clipart (I have bought some sets myself), so they don �t want other members to just copy the clipart in their wss and use (without paying).

My mom taught me half a century ago that we �d better ask for permission whenever we want to use other person �s property (you didn �t draw, but if you bought, you �re the owner, no doubt about that). Maybe this concept is outdated now (asking first to use other person �s belongings) or - at least - some want to make us believe that on the internet no one owns anything because everything will be copied or taken in the end.

If we agree with this moral "update", we �re contributing to change the internet into a worse environment with no laws or respect. I prefer to believe that the right and the wrong will always exist and we have to fight for our beliefs - even the old-fashioned ones.

Unfortunately the only way we have to avoid copies is reporting, reporting... and reporting once more. The more we agree with those sorts of changes in moral values, the more we contribute for them to grow, spread and be accepted as true.

If you bought, it �s yours and nobody has the right to use it; if you created, it �s yours and nobody has the right to use (in parts or the whole) without your permission.

23 Jan 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Some clipart sells extremely well and I am convinced that some ws get more downloads because of certain images that are used and because they can be used for own creations, even, according to licensing conditions, they shouldn �t.

The only way to keep people not so tech-savvy from re-using your clipart is to make your ws non-editable.

23 Jan 2011