Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Do we get a reason??    

Do we get a reason??

yetigumboots
Germany

Do we get a reason??

Hello Dear Moderators....
 I was just wondering if I wait long enough, will I get a reason why my worksheet was removed? Or do you just remove it without saying anything? I have been on this site for years and have spent alot of time lately trying to make nicer and more interesting worksheets. The worksheet concerned took me hours trying to get speech bubbles to stay in the right place. Feel like I have been kicked in the teeth to have it removed. Would love to know what I did wrong!!!!!  Can someone let me know how these things work. Thanks.

Hugs from a very deflated Yeti x

25 Jan 2011      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

When you got the PM about your ws being reported there had to be some reason - not an esl resource, a copy, corrupted....
As there are so many contributions reported every day, I am afraid the only person who can tell you exactly is Victor.

25 Jan 2011     

yetigumboots
Germany

No just said it would be reviewed.

25 Jan 2011     

libertybelle
United States

Write to Victor and ask.
There are always comments about why a ws is reported and not all of them correctly.

25 Jan 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Can �t see anything in the reported contributions today that resembles bubbles. You wouldn �t be talking about a bubbly debate ws you uploaded a few days ago, would you? Like this one - which is still online of course. You do indeed need a sturdy mouthguard or a good dentist occasionally on this site with some members swinging wildly... Ouch This might give you some relief. Cool Pig

25 Jan 2011     

yetigumboots
Germany

Yes that mine Philip just would like to know why it was reported. 

25 Jan 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Hi Jeanette,

I can �t see your worksheet among today �s reported contributions. Actually I have just downloaded it without any problems. It �s available.

25 Jan 2011     

yetigumboots
Germany

Sorry I did not realise it was back on. Thanks anyway to all of you. I would still like a reason if anyone has one. Thanks xx

25 Jan 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Now when I saw it I remember it. If I am not mistaken, it was reported because of the layout. Someone thought the layout was taken from another member. But I am not 100% sure. But in last few days there were also 2 or 3 wss reported wrongly, so it might also be the case. There really should be the reason in the PM you�ve received. I remember when my ws was reported, there was written it�s because it�s a copy (which wasn�t, of course, and it wasn�t removed in the end ;o))

25 Jan 2011     

yetigumboots
Germany

Thanks Michaela,  Well I think 90 % of people do a layout with three columns. Why would I need to pinch that from anyone else???  Anyway thanks for your help.  The reason on my PM was only �not following the rules of the site. � which is not very informative...   Maybe it would be good to send a proper PM with reasons as soon as a worksheet is reported then at least we can stick up for ourselves or change it if it upsets someone. Just a thought !!!

Thanks again for all your help.

Hugs from Yeti x

25 Jan 2011     

lshorton99
China

As far as I know, the reason is only given if the moderators vote to remove it. As yours does not appear to have been removed, I think that is why you weren �t given a reason.

Hope that helps!

Lindsey

25 Jan 2011     

1    2    Next >