Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Kids vs. children    

Kids vs. children

Denisa
Romania

Hey, you naughty girls and boys! you �ve managed to give me a jump!!! I thought my pc is .."kaput"...burnt out!! completely and forever!! when I saw that there so many changes, so many people who I know have their flags changed, well, that �s one, but seeing my fellow countrywoman Donapeter �s flag being another one, completely strange to me!!!!!...that was the final shot!!
oh, thank God I decided to read the forum tonight!! my poor pc! Shocked

25 Jan 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

I �ve just thought of another way to distinguish between the two: most children would think this �flag-swapping � business hilarious while most kids probably wouldn �t. It �s a bit like your auntie making you wear a �funny � hat - like a fez or a feather bonnet. Some young �uns like it, some don �t.

26 Jan 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

H dear friends
Not sure ... what is going around here, but.....

My flag is my heart.

Obviously, not my government, but that is some different business. Governments come and go. FLAGS are for ever. Flags are our blood, our soul.

What happened ? Why did you decide to change flags?  Well, I can see you are all happy and joking and... that �s pretty good.

Have a nice a week, even if you have changed flag and boss. Shocked

BIG HUGS to all

Linda

26 Jan 2011     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

@ Donapeter .... welcome to The Bahamas! Believe it or not we do work in The Bahamas. However on some islands some schools are actually built on the beach,,, imagine that!

Stay as long as you like! Get some sands in your shoes and you will keep coming back!

26 Jan 2011     

Apodo
Australia

Nobody has mentioned that a kid is actually the name for a baby goat.
Native speakers are well aware of this and would only use �kids � informally.

26 Jan 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

The young kid asked his father "Daddy, is a baby goat also called a kid", the father said

"it ceratainly is my son, I kid you not".

26 Jan 2011     

sulekra
Australia

"Doctor, Doctor I feel like a goat".
"How long have you felt like that"?
"Since I was a kid".

26 Jan 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4