Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I hope to find solution    

I hope to find solution

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

I hope to find solution

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a programme help me to protect my files on word or powerpoint from changing or copying. I want a programme to change them for reading only. Many persons ask me to give them many files I prepared. I want to save them from copying or change.

I hope to find this programme urgently.

Best Regards

27 Jan 2011      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

you can password protect any ms  office document
without any aditional program , in you document menu go to review and then to protect document, i think u have to pay but try that first.  another way is to copy/paste your document in paint so you create a picture of it that can�t be edited.

27 Jan 2011     

zailda
Brazil

First suggestion - change your document into a picture, then paste the picture into another word document. You �ll have a non-editable document that people here hate to death, some refrain from downloading and will ask you the changes they want by email. Try any PDF creator software (they �re free) that also changes into JPEG, GIF, etc.

Second suggestion - don �t share your documents. When we share we also take the risk of being copied. Of course we �ll never accept copies and will combat them to death, but there �ll be always a person who �ll like it so much that �ll upload or publish it somewhere else as his.

We will never accept a person claiming another person �s work as his, but the only protection 100% guaranteed is "not sharing".

As someone has said, the best contraceptive is orange juice - not before, after or during but INSTEAD OF.

If there were a 100% secure way of sharing without being copied I �m sure the site would already adopt it. But - in the same way - if we create a thousand ways of protecting a document, the "nice" people will find a thousand and one ways to copy it.

Have a nice day!

EDIT: I�ve learned many things here. One of them - creating nice ws to provide English practice. The second - there�s always a way of copying something; if you haven�t gotten it yet is because you haven�t tried enough or are not using the proper way to.

27 Jan 2011     

lshorton99
China

Hi

While I respect that you don �t want your work copied, I personally never download worksheets or powerpoints that can �t be edited - there are always things I need to change, either because there �s a mistake or because I �m adapting it for my particular classes.

Your name should appear in the properties of anything you create on your computer. If you right click the document file, you can check the properties of your documents before you share them, but even that is no guarantee that you won �t have you work stolen.

Lindsey

27 Jan 2011     

ellakass
Israel

You will find it in Word and your document will be protected against editing (you will use your password). But not from copying...

27 Jan 2011     

libertybelle
United States

You can also change a doc into a PDF file.
That way it can only be read, but not changed.
There are sites on line that convert from Word to PDF.

Good luck
L

27 Jan 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

LB is right. Turning your files into PDF-files will ensure that nobody can edit your mistakes.

27 Jan 2011     

zailda
Brazil

@Philip: Clap

27 Jan 2011     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

PhilipR
Thailand

Which mistake do you mean ???
I didn �t talk about mistakes. I talked about copyright.

27 Jan 2011     

zailda
Brazil

I think he �s talking about those mistakes human (and imperfect) beings usually make and we are to correct before handing the ws to our students.

Something we won �t be able to do with non-editable wss.

27 Jan 2011     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

zailda
Brazil

How can we change documents into pictures??

27 Jan 2011     

1    2    Next >