Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > asking for your fantastic ideas    

asking for your fantastic ideas

juliag
Japan

Mystery bag. Put an item of stationery in a cloth bag (not plastic as can see through). Kids take it in turns to feel it and guess what it is. Works well with structures What �s this? and Is it a...? if appropriate. One of my kids � favorite games.

1 Feb 2011     

ellakass
Israel

See your pm

1 Feb 2011     

petili
Bulgaria

You can play the "Guess?" game with flashcards. You are the first one to choose one of the cards and ask: "Guess. What is it?". Students try to ask questions: "Is it a ......?" or only say the word for the object they think it is if they are not familiar with the question. The one who says the wright word chooses a new flashcard and the game continues. Children love coming in front of the class, asking the other students questions( being in their teacher � shoes, and being game leaders.
Hope it �s useful
Petya

1 Feb 2011     

douglas
United States

Could start the lesson with a little role play:

Tell a student that you are a new student, don �t speak much L1, and  are not prepared for class (translating to L1 if necessary). 

Ask one student if you can sit in their desk (let the class try to figure out what a desk is)-give visual hints until they figure it out.

Then continue with: "Do you have a sheet of paper for me?"  ...a pencil, etc. (go through the whole visula clues thing to make them try and figure it out).

Afterwards go to the board and review the vocabulary they just learned.

1 Feb 2011     

IrenFishka503
Ukraine

Thank you, my really dear friends!!!!! I am soooooo happy to get so many ideas from you!!!!!!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 
The reason is that my students are 6-7 years old and they cannot read yet!!! So I will try to do my best to do everything OK!!! Tongue
THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! 
HUGS FROM UKRAINE, Iren Hug

1 Feb 2011     

< Previous   1    2