Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Educand    

Educand

napster
Costa Rica

Educand

three hours ago, I found this word "educand" I am confused as I haven �t found it in my dictionary. so, I ask you, does it exist?

1 Feb 2011      

Greek Professor
Greece

Hi napster

noun

educand (plural educands)

1. Someone who is to be, or is being educated

1 Feb 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Effie, are you sure about this? It�s hardly a regular/common word (pseudo-Latin gerund, analogous with �graduand�...?). How/where would you use it?

More to the point: when Adalberto (�napster� - the japester: check some of his earlier posts - this is his 4th account, I believe) comes up with questions like these, he very rarely gives the context. He�s not really serious - he�s just saying �hello, remember me?�.

2 Feb 2011     

mariamit
Greece

Effie �s definition is from Wiki but when I checked OED as the reference it says word unknown so either napster misspelled it or Alex has made a good point

2 Feb 2011     

Lindax
Ukraine

It`s a very formal word used by functionaries when discussing school and university Ss.    

2 Feb 2011