Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > warm up    

warm up

mary-butterfly
Brazil

warm up

I need some help to my first class!
I have 35 students in my classroom!
Can you help me?
thanks in advance

9 Feb 2011      

anuska8
Spain

Hi Mary!
It �s so useful to sing a song like warming up. 
My favourite one is this (you can sing it with an easy melody):
"Good morning to you, good morning to you
everybody is quiet and paying attention
this is the way to start a new day"
All the class should performance it doing a "be quiet" sign (for example, putting your finger in the mouth and raising the other hand). 
Each time a student talk, you do that sign and all the class imitate you. This is so good for young learners. 

Good luck!
Kisses. 

9 Feb 2011     

serene
Greece

Hi mary-butterfly,
I usually introduce myself and then I ask my students to interview each other and fill in a questionnaire. When they finish, I have some students introduce their partners to the class. Finally I ask them to write a short text about themselves, which they can finish at home if there isn �t enough time. I teach older teenagers.
Depending on the age and level of your students, you can find very nice materials here.
http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=back+to+school&username=&B1=Search#thetop
You might also want to search the forum for more ideas
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=first%20class&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&page=2
I hope you have a great start. Good luck! Smile

9 Feb 2011