Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Online lectures     

Online lectures

Jayho
Australia

Online lectures

Hi everyone

I am seeking online lectures with comprehension questions.  Do you know of any links?

Cheers

Jayho

9 Feb 2011      

stexstme
France

Hiya!
Here �s a link with tons of online reading...( + questions). Is that what you �re looking for ??
( Many levels too...)
Wink

9 Feb 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi stexstme

Thanks for the link but it�s not quite what I�m after.

I�m after online spoken lectures (like university lectures) which have comprehension questions.  There�s plenty of online spoken lectures (e.g. here) that belong to uni�s but they don�t have comprehension activities (and I don�t have time to put some together-I�m just too flat chat)

I�m after something like this which involves a listening + comprehension.  In fact, these are quite good and I am using them but I�m now after something a bit more difficult for UI-Adv students.

It�s a big ask I know but just maybe someone has just what I need.  Fingers crossed ...

Cheers

Jayho

9 Feb 2011     

Montypython
France

Hi Jayho!

You may try itunesU which is part of itunes & offers tons of university lectures (for free).

HIH!!!

Marie

9 Feb 2011     

stexstme
France

Sorry! I was too quick!!!Confused - or maybe too tired!! ( Expecting holidays...)

9 Feb 2011     

serene
Greece

Hi Jayho,
I �m not sure if it �s what you are looking for but you could check the following link. When you open a story, there �s a menu on the left. Click on Multiple Choice for the comprehension questions.
http://literacynet.org/cnnsf/archives.html
Below there is a list of MP3 audio files accompanied by a PDF file with the transcript and a short comprehension activity
http://www.britishcouncil.org/professionals-podcast-english-listening-downloads-archive.htm

9 Feb 2011