Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help    

I need your help

hananeh
Iran

I need your help

Hi everyone,
I �m asking for your wonderful suggestions again.
one class of our institute recently lost its teacher for a short time and i am the sub teacher.the students are adult advanced and i don �t want to teach them a lot.so do you have any suggestions to make some fun for them i have tried some of your suggestions dear colleagues but i need different things every day! it �s a serious and hard situation for me Cry
i thank you all in advance specially the people who have helped me!

9 Feb 2011      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Hananeh,

A.               Ask 2 (or more) of your students to give a spoken �role-play�.  They must act and speak as if it was normal life!

1.    Student �A� has lost his/her wallet/purse, containing 100 dollars (?), a passport, photo of Mother.
Student �B� is Police Officer.
�A� asks �B� for help and both exchange all necessary information --- name, address, telephone, where lost, what happens next, etc.

2.    �A� goes into radio shop to return a radio bought yesterday --- radio is not working properly.  �B� is shop assistant.  Solve this situation!

3.    �A� is a Customer and goes into a restaurant.  Greetings.  �A� asks for menu, then 4 things to eat and 2 things to drink.  �B� is the Waiter/Waitress and tries to get the Customer to buy more food.  Customer eats, asks for bill, pays, gives tip, farewells.

4.    �A� wants to buy a red sweater for a party on Saturday and goes to �The Sweater Shop�.  Assistant �B� has many sweaters, but NOT red.  �A� must have a new sweater for Saturday.  �A� and �B� must find a satisfactory solution.

5.    �A� telephones �Student Taxis� to order a taxi for 6 people, (1 is in a wheelchair) for 7 o�clock tonight.  �A� must give all necessary information.  �B� is the Receptionist for �Student Taxis� and must ask all necessary questions --- name. address, time, destination, when returning home, etc.  �A� needs to know the cost and also, can the taxi-driver assist with the wheelchair, because the house has 3 steps to the front door.

6.    �A� goes to the Railway Station to buy  tickets, for self, friend, and baby aged 1 year to travel to Teheran (?).  Ticket Assistant, �B�, asks questions --- day, time, Return or Single, Adult or Child, etc.  �A� wants a train with Toilet and Restaurant, and needs to know the cost of tickets.  �A� buys the tickets.

B.               Have a Competition called �Categories�, Men versus Women/Young versus Old/Left of class versus Right or similar.

The Teacher decides the Category: Colours; Jobs or Professions; Drinks; Food; Clothes; Verbs; Buildings; Things in the House; Wild Animals; Farm Animals; etc.

COLOURS: Person 1 in Team �A� begins, and says: �Green�; Person 1 in Team �B: �Red�; Person 2 in Team �A�: �Orange�; Person 2 in Team �B�: �Black�, etc.

If you wish, after the colour, each Person must then give a sentence: �I am wearing a green sweater�, etc.  Or spell �Green --- G.R.E.E.N�

Keep a score --- the best Team receives APPLAUSE.

C.               Ask each Student in turn to stand at the front and give a Spoken Presentation, (approximately 5 minutes), of himself/herself --- �My name is; my address is, etc.  My family; my job; my hobbies; my favourite food, sport, entertainment, etc�

At the end:  �Do you have any Questions?�  Students in the Class ask Questions, (�What is your brother�s name?� How old are you? Where were you born?� etc.), and the Student at the front answers.

D.           Have a little party where everyone brings, and describes the food.

I hope that I have given you some ideas.

Les

9 Feb 2011     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hi,
Dear Hananeh
try here:

each article has different levels activities.

ldthemagicman : your suggestions are really great!Clap

9 Feb 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Grazie mille, Sabrina.

9 Feb 2011