Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > problems with YL reading    

problems with YL reading

monkey77
Russian Federation

problems with YL reading

Hello, dear collegues! I teach Young learners ( 8-9 years) this year! And I have problems with reading -though we learnt all the reading rules it �s hard for them to follow each other! and it �s almost all the time - chain reading or pair reading/Does anybody know any other ways of organising reading with young learners?
Thanks in advance!!!

10 Feb 2011      

elsnert
Russian Federation

Hello! We read a series of Dolphin Readers and it takes a lot of time to learn them to follow. While chain reading I ask students and if someone doesn �t follow I don �t wait. I ask another one. You know children want to be asked and they start following. Sometimes I say , "Something has happened with my eyes. Listen to me and help me to read when I can �t. or  Please, correct my mistakes". Sometimes we have "guests" (any toy animal you like). Children read for them and help them to read, to match the words and pictures, etc. I always try to find a situation to captivate their attention.  May be it �ll help.

10 Feb 2011