Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > describing a criminal    

describing a criminal

anit2000
Poland

describing a criminal

Hi there,

I need your help! Namely, soon I �ll start to talk about crime and criminals during my lessons and I �m thinking about using a part of a film showing a description of a criminal/ crime scene. I �ve been looking for such examples for some time but I have problems, it �s always difficult when you want to find sth good. Could you give me some ideas or the titles of films or episodes I would be really thankful. It could be about  robbery, murder or theft. I have pre-intermediate students, 15 years old.

Thank you in advance

anit2000

11 Feb 2011      

ELOJOLIE274
France

you already received a few answers - maybe it would be nice to say "thank you" to the people who answered your 1st post... but that �s my opinion...

11 Feb 2011     

babette2
France

Try Bonnie & Clyde ! There �s also a good book called "Great Crimes" published by Oxford U P!

11 Feb 2011     

anit2000
Poland

of course, say thank you for previous replies, I really appreciate them

11 Feb 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Try http://www.cbs.com/primetime/criminal_minds/video/?vs=Clips

11 Feb 2011     

Jayho
Australia

There is a very useful lesson plan, Viewing a Crime Drama, here. The LO�s are excellent and the students use the templates provided to view a variety of TV programs and films to look for the various elements.  One of the links contains reference to my favourite cult classic Twin Peaks though I�m not so sure this is actually suitable material as you probably will know if you watched the entire series.

Also, a WS here on Ransom.

12 Feb 2011     

anit2000
Poland

Thank you all for great ideas!!

12 Feb 2011