Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > Online Exercises ARE NOT printables    

Online Exercises ARE NOT printables

jujuka
Hungary

Online Exercises ARE NOT printables

Hi everyone,
Nowadays I don�t have too much time to create online exercises but I always check the new contributions.
There are more and more members who experiment with this tool, but sadly many of the new online exercises are not interactiveCry, consequently they are not approved of.
Therefore, if you don�t mind, I would like to give some advice on how to make an online exercise:
1. Use interactive elements - without them the exercise will just be a printable. The idea behind online exercises is that ss can type in  or choose the correct answers, and they can see whether they answer correctly by checking themselves (clicking on the OK button).
2. When you click on Make an Online Exercise take your time and read the tutorial, which is very simple to understand, and if you follow the steps, you can create excellent activities.
3. Always save your exercises in your folder. When you don�t have enough time to finish it, you can go on working, making changes another time.
4. Always check your work before sending it: no matter how carefully you work, there might be some mistakes. The best is to do the exercise, and if you get 10 out of ten, then everything is OK, and the exercise is ready to send.
5. Always use Internet Explorer when you make an online exercise, because the interactive elements do not work with other (eg Mozilla Firefox)  sites.
And a request for the ones who are not into this kind of exercise: please take a look at them (you don�t even lose a point), and rate them
I look forward to seeing your INTERACTIVE online exercises.
Have a nice day,
Judit

10 Dec 2008      

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Well done jujuka!!!! Excellent explanation!!!!!!!!!!!

I�ve already done one online ex., and i�ll try to do many more when i have a bit more free time!!!

Cheers

Aldana

10 Dec 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Judit
Hungary

Nice to hear from you again.

Thank you for this clear and concise explanation on how ONLINE exercises should be.

Hope the members who are tempted by trying this kind of exercises will take it seriously in consideration.

CU around.

10 Dec 2008     

lucak (F)
Czech Republic

Hi jujuka,

Thank you very much for your clear explanation about making online exercises. I started to do them two weeks ago. At the beginning� I was afraid of using this tool, but I found it very easy and simple. And in addition to: I am happy because the feedback is very positive for me (including your nice comments as well :-))

But I have a problem: sound interactive element doesn� t �work. Do you have some explanation for it? What can be wrong...?

9 Jan 2009