Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Urgent help    

Urgent help

Emaratia
United Arab Emirates

Urgent help

Please guys Iam being observed tomorrow so I need ideas for stations like iam doing should/shouldnt .....illness names/ questions whats the matter I have .....  Do you have a cold? yes/no please help..... hand on activities please

13 Feb 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

Not sure what knowledge level or age your students are, but why not have a sort of home, clinic and pharmacy station. Home -family situation, sb isn �t feeling well so other family members guess what illness it could be, then advise them what they should do (e.g. you should take a shower and go to the doctors, you shouldn �t wait, etc.), then being checked by the doctor at the clinic (you can even have the nurse at the reception going through the symptoms (use illness names), with advice on what he/she should do and what they shouldn �t do, and then going to the pharmacy and getting the cure and being advised on how often he/she should take the medicine, and whether they should eat before that, drink it with warm fluids or not, etc. You can even have sb call the doctor for advice, and be told just they should stay hoem and drink lots of tea, etc. Just have some role cards prepared like these, and stage the stations in the classrooms and then have sts pull out role cards and act it out... The role cards should say sth like: You are not feeling well. You are at home and you call your mom from the kitchen for help. You tell her your symptoms(e. g. severe cold). The mom also gets her card, and so does a doctor (you can have more than one), etc. perhaps some vocabulary posters or props would also help on the walls next to the stations, such as: list of illnesses, possible symptoms, How are you feeling? How may I help you? etc.

13 Feb 2011