Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > LOOKING FOR A PRESENT PERFECT PROJECT    

LOOKING FOR A PRESENT PERFECT PROJECT

hamxy
Mexico

LOOKING FOR A PRESENT PERFECT PROJECT

hI!! teachers! Do you know where I can find ideas for a project I �ll assign students.Its about present perfect. The project is to grade their speaking ability. I teach teenagers from 7th grade.
thanks in advance =)! 

14 Feb 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

How about a project on experiences of your students and their relatives?
I have never been to Germany but my Grandma have been there 5 times!

or a topic "Our busy week"
what the students/their relatives have already done since Monday / in the last 7 days
I have washed up 3 times but my little sister hasn �t washed the dishes since Monday!

How about asking your students to make a poster / a boardgame on present perfect / flashcards with signal words ...

Present perfect x past simple -
I have ......ed many times. I ......ed last month.
Students write whether they have done something yet and then add details in past simple + exact time in past.

You may need these for revision of Present Perfect:

Present Perfect x Past Simple - 5 PAGES - 90 fill-in-sentences + Printer Friendly, 150 Cards, Signal Words

Sunny GAMES COLLECTION + 4 original BOARDGAMES on present perfect + 80 reg / irreg verbs + similes 9 activities ((13_PAGES)) + BW FULLY EDITABLE

Present Perfect - For x Since BOARDGAME + 80 regular verbs CARDS + BW PRINTER FRIENDLY, EDITABLE

14 Feb 2011     

hamxy
Mexico

oohh wooww thank you very much!! good ideaas ;) ;)

14 Feb 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

14 GAMES to practice Present Perfect

1.    BUT I HAVE JUST DONE THAT! (passive + present perfect)

S1: The room must be cleaned.

S2: But I have just / already cleaned it!

Milk-drunk, leaves-blown away, spell broken, car driven to park, sandwich eaten, kite flown, rows forgotten, sins forgiven, information given, crops grown in the garden, magic book hidden, chairperson chosen, horse ridden, bell rung, all hands risen, all hips shaken, all homework shown, all pens stolen, bags taken away, paper torn, rubbish thrown out, school uniform worn, essay written. � PLEASE note - some phrases are a bit silly!

2.    Mime what you have already / just done

S1: mimes an activity.

S2: Have you swam? Have you torn some paper? Have you thrown a ball?

S1: Yes, I have thrown a volleyball in the park.

3.    Mime what you haven�t done yet.

S1: Haven�t you driven the car yet?

S2: I haven�t driven the car yet and I haven�t hidden a treasure box either.

4.    Life of a Celebrity � game

Bring some photos of famous Brits / Americans. Students tell /write down the sentences with V3. Extra points for the correct name of the celebrity.

Eg: Bill Gates is rich and famous so he hasn�t worn cheap clothes since he was a young boy....

Similar game � Imaginary friend � photo from a magazine � write about the person

4.    Creative adverts � ask ss to write down SILLY adverts with present perfect have+V3. Categorise � make groups of similar irregulars.

5.  Irregular ball � students sit in a circle and pass a ball. S1 says an irregular verb, S2 says past, S3 past participle, S4 chooses another irregular verb, S5 says the past simple, S6 says the past participle...

Similar � 1 student in the middle throws a ball a shouts an irregular verb, S2 shouts V2  and V3 and throws the ball back. Keep the pace pretty fast. The student who makes a mistake must go to the centre and throw the ball.

6.  Battleships or Tic tac toe

Choose 10 verbs, each past participle -V3 is a battleship, draw a battlefield tables and play the game.

Tictactoe � each square represents one irregular verb. Ss make sentences and correct each other. X O

7.  Wipe it out � take an easy short story, white out all irregulars / V3 and ask ss to complete the story. Take turns. Make a new super-funny story! Great fun with madlibs!

8.    Something has been done! - present perfect passive

S1: Something has been written!

S2:  A novel has been written? A short story? A play script? A poison letter? A poem?

S1: Nods.

S2: OK. A poem has been written!

9.  The Magnificent Seven  - pairs of gunfighters make 5 steps, turn around and fire their �pistols� � they make correct sentences in present perfect with have+ V3

10.  Liar, Liar! � S1 tells an incorrect sentence and S2 corrects him.

11.  The Deaf Auntie � Reported Speech - S1 � uses past simple, present perfect, past perfect

S1 says a sentence and S2 says reported speech �

S1: I drank the tea slowly. //  I have drunk the tea slowly.

S2: She said she had drank it slowly.

. Crossfire  - Wink / Shoot game � SS sit in a circle, T points at one student and says a verb (eg write), the student bends down and the �neighbours� � the student on the right and the student on the left  look at each other and shout a phrase/sentence (or V2 + V3), and point a toygun at each other, the first correct answer � scores a point. Optional: ss don�t have toyguns, they wink.

13.     Present Perfect � write 5x5 irregulars on the board and S makes PP sentences. When the sentence is ok, cross out the verb. Student tries to form a line of three crosses.

14.  Present Perfect Anaconda  - S1: I have written an English homework but I haven �t phoned my friend.  S2: I have phoned my friend, but I haven �t cleaned the floor. S3: I haven �t cleaned the floor either but I have dusted the bookshelves. ...

14 Feb 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Here you have my collection of 14 games on Present Perfect.
Most of these ideas can be used for conversational / oral / speaking games...

Hope you find it useful!

Cheers!

14 Feb 2011