Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help!    

Help!

piranha
Portugal

Help!

Hello!

I need some help. My students and I have to do a presentation for an exhibition at school for the languages day. The topic is Monuments in UK and Australia. I would like to know if you have any different ideas to do it. We would like to do something amazing. Any Ideia?

15 Feb 2011      

Jayho
Australia

There are soooo many monuments - maybe you can narrow it down to a theme

- famous buildings/structures that are national icons e.g. Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge

- statues of famous explorers / artists / bushrangers etc

- monuments of animals and the stories behind them e.g. The Dog on the Tuckerbox, Matthew Flinders� (famous explorer) cat , the Big Merino in Goulbourn

- all statues relating to a specific famous person e.g. all the memorials for Captain James Cook who first discovered Australia (Captain Cook memorial Regatta Point, Captain Cook wtater fountain Canberra, Captain Cook obelisk at landing place in Botany Bay Sydney, Captain Cook statue St Kilda, Captain Cook statue Hyde Park Sydney etc)

- monuments and memorials commemmorating the settlement of Australia (see_here)

15 Feb 2011