Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > teaching ideas to introduce home and furniture unit    

teaching ideas to introduce home and furniture unit

martaoliveira
Portugal

teaching ideas to introduce home and furniture unit

Dear collegues, I need your help. I �m going to introduce home and furniture unit, next monday, and I need some ideas. I �m going to be evaluated and I need to do something different and nice. do you have any suggestions? what should I do? please help....!!!! Where can I find some lesson plans about this topic?
thanks!

16 Feb 2011      

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi

I don �t know the age group you �re working with but when I do this unit, I use the nursery rhyme of the old lady who lived in a shoe. Then I have my students imagine a silly house. Last year, I had an ice cream cone house and a soccer ball house.

16 Feb 2011     

franknbea
United Kingdom

I used to take in a doll house for my older students to fiddle around with and touch the various pieces of furniture and for the younger ones, like Manonski I  used a fisher price play boot house to introduce the subject, failing that, there are some really good worksheets on that subject right here on this marvelous site.

Good Luck

16 Feb 2011     

martaoliveira
Portugal

thanks for your help, but I don �t have a doll �s house.... :( ohhhhhhhhh  I �m Don �t know wat to do. I need something apelling.....:(

16 Feb 2011     

ellakass
Israel

http://www.angles365.com/classroom/fitxers/3r/house/myhouse.swf

Hope you can find here something.

16 Feb 2011     

martaoliveira
Portugal

ohhhhhhhh thank you so much ellakass. these sites are wonderfull. what do you think? Should I talk about the diffent types of houses before introducing the house and furnite itself? like a warming up activity, to prepare students for the topic, or should I start imediatly with the angles365 presentation?

16 Feb 2011     

ellakass
Israel

Sent you pm

16 Feb 2011