Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Guess I am becoming a crotchy old man at 40     

Guess I am becoming a crotchy old man at 40

aliciapc
Uruguay

At the risk of repeating myself ( I answered roneydirt �s post the other day) I �ll say, again, every teacher prepares ws useful for their classes and then they share ... so maybe it �s not useful for us because it has politics or religion issues ... don �t download! But don �t complain, either, or tell teachers what they should or should not prepare to suit our needs ... There are thousands of ws here, I �m sure we can make good use of some of them every week !

This is a great site, I guess we should be thankful for what IS useful and has NO mistakes and is just what we are looking for - even if we have to take the time to make some changes - and not complain so much ... But then, that �s just me !  Have a nice Thursday!

17 Feb 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

did you know that when you learn a language, you no longer improve when nobody corrects you?
what I meant by "reporting a ws full of mistakes" was not to ban the member of the said ws but to let him/her know that there are too many mistakes and letting this person time to correct him/herself before it is available to download...
we all make ws, but as teachers if we share our work we should be able to have a real feedback - a few times there were typos or even grammar errors in my ws and I was glad to be able to correct myself...
and i �m sure that telling someone they made too many mistakes can be a good thing, as long as we have their best interest in mind...

17 Feb 2011     

joy2bill
Australia

We all make mistakes..at times I feel as though my English is going backwards because of the students � errors which I hear so often they feel familiar. However there are some here who will argue if you do correct their work. Also we have the problem between what is grammatically correct and what is commonly used (often quite different).

I would like to advocate that all worksheets should be editable so that if we see a mistake we can fix it ourselves.

As for religious, political, & other controversial subjects. My students love these (they are adults). The only way we can change the world is through understanding. If we put our heads in the sand and never discuss our differences we will never move on. Ignorance is bliss??? No way! Ignorance is sticking to possibly bigotted ideas because we are not prepared to understand the point-of-views of others.

Should we have this on ESL Printables, of course...we are all in charge of what we download..the power is in YOUR hands; use it wisely according to your students � needs. Let �s not begin to censor this site.
Cheers Joy

17 Feb 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

sp.watson and joy have a point : ws being editable should be a must !

PS " Let �s not begin to censor this site" ... wise words, Joy

17 Feb 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

We can �t edit PDF ws we download from publishers either, why should I invite others to steal my stuff and claim it �s theirs? Making a ws sometimes costs me weeks, I make all my texts myself, and, I am sorry, if people wish death upon me like it happned last week, shortly before a certain member from Iran got their account canceled, I will do hell and share a week �s work with them....apart from the fact that ws like my London crossword contain so many autoshapes, that the ws would be far too big to be uploaded here.....even Katiana has started to make part of her ws non-editable...love it or leave it....

17 Feb 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

I have given up looking through new contributions completely (except today, after reading the initial post I felt like having a look and see if things are really going downhill that rapidly).

So many worksheets are SO disappointing: minimalistic, full of mistakes, lots of colour and pictures instead of content, and many worksheets with no real aim. Endless series of animal flashcards and body parts worksheets. I couldn �t refrain from commenting on one or two worksheets. So I �d better revert to not looking at recent contributions or else I �ll become a cynical old woman at ... let �s say ... 28
(Okok, that was a BIG lie!)

17 Feb 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

I think we should be able to flag worksheets if they have an unacceptable amount of errors in them, that would be worth people �s time, more than checking for all that plagiarism.....

17 Feb 2011     

< Previous   1    2