Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > MOVIES, SERIES etc. - Suggestions for intermediate adult learners    

MOVIES, SERIES etc. - Suggestions for intermediate adult learners

LittleSunshine11
Germany

MOVIES, SERIES etc. - Suggestions for intermediate adult learners

Dear friends,

I �m teaching an intermediate conversation class, younger and older adults. They asked me to recommend movies, series etc. that they can watch to improve listening skills and vocabulary in their free time. I thought about this and I came up with a couple of suggestions (see below).

Do you have more ideas? Which movies do your adult learners like? Is there anything free on the internet that you can recommend?

Thanks for your help!! Heart

WHAT TO WATCH? A LIST:

The Cosby Show (1992)

The goings-on in the life of a successful African American family, who live in Brooklyn Heights, New York. The patriarch "Cliff" Huxtable, his wife Clair and their five children.             

Murder by Death (1976)

Five famous literary detective characters and their sidekicks are invited to a bizarre mansion to solve an even stranger mystery.      

Mr. Bean (1995)

Life is a difficult challenge for Mr Bean who has trouble completing even the simplest of tasks. Thankfully, his perseverence is usually rewarded, and he finds an ingenious way around the problem.           

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer �s Stone (2001)

A young boy with a great destiny proves his worth while attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.           

My big fat greek Wedding (2002)

A young Greek woman falls in love with a non-Greek and struggles to get her family to accept him while she comes to terms with her heritage and cultural identity.        

Shrek (2001)

An ogre, in order to regain his swamp, travels along with an annoying donkey in order to bring a princess to a scheming lord, wishing himself King.   

Mamma Mia! (2008)

The story of a bride-to-be trying to find her real father using hit songs by the popular �70s group ABBA.          

Paul Blart: Mall Cop (2009)

When a shopping mall is overtaken by a gang of organized crooks, it �s up to the a mild-mannered security guard to save the day. 

17 Feb 2011      

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
    Well I have another idea to practice Listening but with music
www.lyricstraining.com here you can watch musical videos and listen to music there are exercises for begginners to advanced you listen to the song and complete the missing words if you don �t write the word correctly the music stops.....It is a very nice webpage to practice listening.
   I hope it helps
   Thanks
Bego�a

17 Feb 2011     

imanito
Morocco

hi!
you may also consider the following movies:

Death Poets � Society
Freedom Writers
Dangerous Minds

these movies also deal with teaching...they are so inspiring.

Imane

17 Feb 2011     

gloriawpai
Brazil

Mona Lisa Smile
As Good As it Gets
Click
Sitcoms

17 Feb 2011