Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to rotate a picture in word?    

How to rotate a picture in word?

SaraMariam
United States

How to rotate a picture in word?

Hi everyone, I �m currently facing a little problem and trying for half a day to solve it, but I just can �t find a solution. so I hoped you are smarter than me :)

I �m trying to work on a minibook at the moment and for this reason I inserted textboxes and formes, where I would like to pot pictures and texts in. But somehow I can �t rotate them at all. I have tried it even with templates from the site that some generous colleagues left us, but even there, no problem to enter the text, but still the pictures I can �t rotate at all. 
Could somebody be so kind and tell me how I can solve this problem? Thank you so much.

Hugs
sara

18 Feb 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

Sorry if this sounds silly, but have you tried the ordinary way? - when you insert the pic, click on it, go to format and then choose square, and then check out the markers around the pic, find the little green dot, hold it with your mouse and literally turn it around in the desired direction. If your pic is marked square, you should be able to rotate it normally by clicking on the rotate icon, but if you just insert it or copy paste from the internet, then you can do nothing with it but leave it where it is.

18 Feb 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Insert a picture into your document.

Right-click on it and go to Format Picture -> Layout and choose �In front of text �.

Now, when you click on your picture, you �ll notice a green dot just above it. When you grip that dot, you �ll be able to turn the picture with your mouse.

18 Feb 2011     

SaraMariam
United States

I have tried to do what you wrote (thanks a lot for trying to help me!!!), I can even see all the words like rotate and all, but they are all written in some sort of greyish style and it doesn �t let me click it at all :s

18 Feb 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

how about working on a pic in an empty doc and when formated copy paste into the minibook?

18 Feb 2011     

dareka1
Japan

A good way to rotate them so that they don �t get distorted (or when you have problems another way) is to paste the picture into paint (the free accessory that comes with windows), rotate it and save it there and then paste it into word.

18 Feb 2011     

SaraMariam
United States

Thanks a lot for all your help :) It finally worked! I �m so happy :p.My mistake was that I put the picture in a textbox. Without textbox I can work on it normally. Thanks again for all!

Hugs
Sara :)

18 Feb 2011