Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Why have my power points been reported?    

Why have my power points been reported?

gabrielaalonso9
Spain

Why have my power points been reported?

Dear moderators,

I would like to know why my two Power Points about Daily Routines (1of2 = http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=40749#thetop and 2of2 = http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=40750#thetop) have been reported? I think they obey the rules. I have received this message:

Dear member,
This is a message to inform you that your contribution DAILY ROUTINES 2OF2 has been reported for not following the rules of the website.

The moderators will review it soon.

If there is nothing wrong with your contribution, it will be returned to the recent contributions tomorrow, and you will get all your points.

I am looking forward to receiving your message.

Thank you very much.

18 Feb 2011      

PhilipR
Thailand

Someone reported them because they allegedly contain copyrighted pictures (or rather pictures copied from another worksheet). 

Moderators will now vote for them to stay or be removed.

18 Feb 2011     

zailda
Brazil

My comment about both ppt�s, visible in the moderators� page (just for you to know and in case it can help):

1) We are not to copy other member�s ws (the whole or parts of it) without the author�s permission; 2) Some members pay to use pictures, copying pictures from others is a way to avoid watermarked clipart (the designer�s way to protect his work), so it�s to be considered a scheme to get what you want without paying for it; 3) When we use pics in a ws we normally squeeze or expand it in the horizontal or vertical direction to fit the space we have, in a certain way "distorting" a picture in a particular way, and this formatting is exactly the same we can see in Katiana�s,. Example: the man in the first picture of Daily routines 2 was horizontally expanded; the bed in the first picture in Daily routines 1 was horizontally squeezed - like in Katiana�s worksheet (yes, I downloaded all of them to check it properly!), so it�s a copy of part of Katiana�s ws, and has to be removed. If we allow other members to copy our pictures, I see no purpose in removing worksheets when they are watermarked.

18 Feb 2011     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

As Philip said, they �ve been reported as containing copyrighted images, but in my opinion, that �s not even the case.

Your ppts use the same clipart from another member �s ws (a pictionary). So basically what was easy to conclude was that the ws was turned into a ppt, therefore, copied.

As Zailda explained, it was not hard to detect that not only the same images were used, but they were removed from the ws in question.

18 Feb 2011