Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TOEFL    

TOEFL

celia86
Argentina

TOEFL

Hi dear teachers!
I need to sit for the TOELF exam and I �m looking for useful material to prepare myself, do you know any?
thanks a lot

kisses from ArgentinaSmile

18 Feb 2011      

celia86
Argentina

erratum slip: TOEFL not TOELF :)

18 Feb 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

This  or this could be of some help. Other than that you could probably buy specialized material (textbooks, audios) which would equip you with the essential language skills. 
Sophia

18 Feb 2011     

marileia
Greece

There are quite a few things you can do to prepare for toefl test. I �ve been teaching it for a long time so I think I can help you. For starters, visit the official site of ets to get information about the test. You �ll find thorough explanations/descriptions/videos and so on. You can also find practical info about how you can register, how much it costs, where you can take the test. There are also tests online, I think on the same site, but are not for free. As far as books, I �ve used a couple of but I �m not sure if we are supposed to suggest titles/publishers or if it is against the regulations. You can take a look on the Internet, I �m sure if you google it you �ll find a few. And make sure you study campus related vocabulary, you need it more than you think. You don�t have to study academic vocabulary because it is endless. You can be tested on a passage about geology, anthropology, biology, philosophy, poetry, and the list is endless! Are you going to do a master�s on the vocabulary of all sciences?? It�s impossible! Improve your general English end you�ll see for yourself that you�ll cope with the academic stuff.  Toefl is not difficult in terms of level, but it is extremely demanding in your speed. You have to take notes, think, answer in just a few seconds! So be armed with patience, discipline and practice as much as you can!  

18 Feb 2011     

serene
Greece

Hi! You can find a lot of useful links here.

19 Feb 2011     

celia86
Argentina

thanks a lot guys! you �re the best! very useful tips and links! I �ll use them all
kisses!

19 Feb 2011