Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > "Let´s speak English" game    

"Let´s speak English" game

atsitab
Portugal

"Let´s speak English" game

Hi, everybody.
I�m sorry to bring this into the forum, but I don�t know how to solve my problem.  I�ve just uploaded two printables: one is a game board and the other contains the rules and cards for the game.  The problem is that the first time I uploaded, they were in the same document and the images were all mixed, so I tried to delete the first one and send it in two different printables, but the fist document wasn�t deleted and it is still there!!!
Please Victor, can you take it from the site?
Thank you!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Ana

10 Dec 2008      

libertybelle
United States

Sometimes the images look funny and mixed up in the preview window, but
are really ok when you download them.
To make sure, you ought to download your board game here from the site,
and see if there really is a problem or not.

hope this helps
L

10 Dec 2008     

atsitab
Portugal

Thank you for your reply.
I did that but it was just like in the preview window, that�s why I tried to delete it!
Thank you anyway for your kind reply.
Ana

10 Dec 2008     

marzenka
Poland

Hello! I�ve had the same problem since yesterday! I have already written to Victor, but both my printables have already started to be downloaded. The difference between them isn�t big (maybe 2 pictures) but I feel quite ashamed due to the fact that I�ve got two nearly the same printables. Please Victor - can you help us?

By the way, I would like to say huge THANK YOU to all of you who have downloaded my worksheets and have written such nice comments!

Marzena :-)

10 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

I just downloaded your fine game and it looked great!
Where do you see the problem?
L

10 Dec 2008     

atsitab
Portugal

Let�s hope this problem can be solved. Anyway, I left a comment explaining what happened. Let�s hope that those who are interested in my printable read the comment and look for the correct ones.

Thank you for you symphaty.

10 Dec 2008     

atsitab
Portugal

Did you download the game with the cards and rules in the same document? Because when I downloaded it from the site, it wasn�t ok. 

Could it be a problem in my computer? Maybe. If it is so, I�m really sorry I bothered you, but I�m really gratefull to see that there are nice people like you, ready to help others.  Thanks so much!

10 Dec 2008     

renca
Czech Republic

I have the same prob, I uploaded a ws which looked terrible in the preview and wanted to delete it, but it was not possible, I suppose that the site is under maintenance and Victor will soon sort it out.

10 Dec 2008     

atsitab
Portugal

Yes, libertybelle, you have downloaded the good one! The one that has just the board, that�s why is looks nice, because that�s the one I uploaded later.
But, let�s end this subject. I�m sure Victor will solve this problem.
Thank you all.

10 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

When you open documents in word, be careful how you view them.

Open the document. �Before you do anything...

Press "ALT" "Right Arrow" and again "Right Arrow" then "Down Arrow".

That should open the "View" menu option.

(I hope. �My Word is in Spanish but I seem to remember that it was in the same place in English)

Select a different view. �I would recommend you always use "Print" that way what you create will always be the same. �I have noticed that images go a little array depending on the formatting, when viewed in "Normal", "Web" or "Print".

I hope that solves the problem for you and others who have had the same problem.If it doesn�t, let me know and I�ll investigate some more.

To VIC:

FAQ: Why do my images look wierd in the preview and appear in a different position to where I created them?

This error is caused by the differnt views in Word. �

Before creating a worksheet, make sure the "view" menu option is set to "Print"

Open Word. �Before you do anything...

Press "ALT" "Right Arrow" and again "Right Arrow" then "Down Arrow".

That should open the "View" menu option.

Select "Print"

12 Dec 2008