Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > drag and drop exercises    

drag and drop exercises

kmochniak
Poland

drag and drop exercises

Hello everybody,

Here I am asking for your help again. I �ve got the opportunity to participate in creating an e-learning platform. As one of the entry requirements the organizers want me to create a drag and drop exercise. How do I do it? Is there any free programme which allows me to work on my exercises and then send them? A tutorial would be most appreciated:)

Thanks,

Kasia

21 Feb 2011      

grevillea
Australia

Hi Kasia,
There is a wonderful program called Hot Potatoes.  You can get it from here: http://hotpot.uvic.ca/index.php

It makes web pages.  It lets you make a variety of things - crosswords, match exercises - where you drag an object to match another, cloze exercises where you can select the answer from a list, or select a correct answer from a drop down list.

Hope this helps you.

grevillea

21 Feb 2011     

kmochniak
Poland

Dear grevillea,

The programme itself is great, I �ve just had a look at it. Thanks a bunch! The only thing I �m thinking is: shall I send them a link to the exercise or can I actually create something that can be literally e-mailed to them?

Thanks,

Kasia

21 Feb 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

Download Hot Potatoes, try it out and you �ll be soon creating wonderful exercises. The exercises are then stored on your computer as Hot Potatoes files (the ending depends on the type of the exercise) which can be edited AND as webpages. You can e-mail them one or the other. 

21 Feb 2011     

kmochniak
Poland

Thank you so much guys! It �s the first time I �ve tried this sort of thing and I don �t know much about it, hence my questions:)

You �ve helped me a LOOOOOOT!!!

Handshake

Kasia

21 Feb 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Kasia

I love the Kubbu site which lets you create various interactive activities including drag-and-drop. It is not very complicated, and once you learn how to use it, it �s real fun and joy both for the teacher and students.
For example, see my activity on adjectives and nouns. Students have to drag and drop the words in the right category.
http://www.kubbu.com/a1/2532_noun_or_adjectiv

21 Feb 2011     

Maria Jose Garcia
Spain

Thank you very much Baiba. I �ve tried Kubbu and I love it too!!

21 Feb 2011     

kmochniak
Poland

Thanks a lot for all your answers!!! You are fantastic!!!

21 Feb 2011