Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Solar flares    

Solar flares

roneydirt
United States

Solar flares

I am curious is anyone else having internet and phone issues because of the solar flares?  The city I am in on the news has been saying that is why the internet and phones are not working properly.  Might also be the reason the 3 people I sent the details of my controversial post either didn �t receive their pm or answer just over 12 hours before my initial post.  Normally downloading a ws takes less than a minute but right now it takes a whole lot longer.  Been also trying to find bizarre/gross/unusual food pictures and keep getting the "no internet" pop up.  Trying to make a different food PowerPoint.  Last night we discussed this at work and we think it might actually be other issues and rumors of some individuals disappearing.

22 Feb 2011      

roneydirt
United States

Guess only where I am is having Internet and phone issues from the solar flares?  Went to download 15 items and left for work.  Came home for lunch and only 5 completed the download in 3 hours.  So no one else is having this issue?

22 Feb 2011     

juliag
Japan

Hi Roney,

No problems here in Japan, though I don �t know about other places obviously.
Hope your internet service is back to normal soon.

22 Feb 2011     

roneydirt
United States

Thanks Juliag.  I hope so too.  There has been some issues since just before the holiday ended closer to the beginning of the month.  Granted there was issues before that; they just got a little more as certain propaganda and news of the revolutions and riots in a couple nations increased.  It of course caused the old rumor mill to quickly grow.  Even most of the proxy even the one �s sold to foreigners where I am at suddenly got shut down all at once.

22 Feb 2011