Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Hi everybody i need some suggestions    

Hi everybody i need some suggestions

lilianrichard
Argentina

Hi everybody i need some suggestions

Hi! next week clases are starting and i would like to know if you could help me to start talking about some rules in class, what do you think, how should i present and talk about rules with students of 11 to 13 years old, what activity should i do with them , ... thanks!

25 Feb 2011      

christybridgeman
Japan

What worked great with my 13-15 year olds was I made a simple rule list with corresponding consequences and posted it for them all to see.

Then I gave each of them it individually.

Then I made them each sign a sheet stating that they understood the rules and the consequences for breaking each rule.

I had next to no problems because of the � �contract � � idea.  We also talked about fareness and agreed the rules and consequences were fare.

25 Feb 2011     

puddyd
Oman

Turn it around and ask them if they know any rules, what they think should be rules. Give them maybe a page with the rules and ask them to grade them from most important to least , let them discuss them in groups and each group can add a new rule too and they can vote on the new rules to see which stay and which go [their rules only ;o)] 
G �luck

25 Feb 2011     

asmajabbar
Pakistan

Hi!
First have a discussion with the students and brainstorm the common problems of a classroom.  Secondly ask them to list down most important problems. Finally ask them to find out the correct solution for each problem. You can easily convert the solutions into rules.
Teach them that by resolving bigger problems always smaller problems will be automatically resolved. Good luck and enjoy with your students � weired suggestions!!!Tongue Asma

25 Feb 2011     

SaraMariam
United States

There is a book called "the first days of school" by Harry Wong. It is really a wonderful book and very helpful. It �s one of the few books I spent money on to learn about classroom management and I never regret it.

25 Feb 2011