Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHAT ARE THE THINGS YOU DO WHEN YOUR STONED PART 2.    

WHAT ARE THE THINGS YOU DO WHEN YOUR STONED PART 2.

tulpen25
Netherlands

The WOD and caption contests make people think and are good fun but anyway, that �s not the point. You asked which of the rules YOUR post broke and that rule is relevant to YOUR post. Yes, it �s relevant to other posts as well but you didn �t ask that.  

25 Feb 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I �ve sent a message to Victor about this...

25 Feb 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Could we pleeeeeease have some moderators who can nip this kind of nonsense in the bud...?

It has become painfully obvious lately that this forum is no longer adequate for our website. With so many members, threads disappear very quickly and are difficult to retrieve or reply to later on.

Some members spam the front page with nonsense (see above), requests for help, personal attacks or other non-teaching related issues. Without someone to moderate, inappropriate threads or messages often remain visible far too long.

The Cafe, on the other hand, isn�t really an option either with only the last 30 messages displayed before being removed forever.

Open question to Victor: What kind of changes (if any) can we expect for the (near) future? 

Although I think this is an important topic and I�d like to see a discussion on the future of ESLP, unless this thread is made �sticky�, I�ll probably never even see the answer as this post will soon �go under�...

25 Feb 2011     

victor
Spain

@Philip,

I agree with you that this forum needs some improvements, but right now some personal subjects are taking most of my time.
My ideas are:

- Users will be able to subscribe to a thread, so that they will get a personal message whenever there is a new answer. In this way, interesting topics will not "die".

- Users will be able to vote to remove inappropriate threads or posts.

I hope we will see these and other changes soon.

25 Feb 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Victor, kudos to you for what you are doing. I don �t know how you manage to do it all alone.

Regards

25 Feb 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Victor you �re doing a great job! but maybe you should ask for help: a few people could be "forum moderators" that way they would help clean up the forum!
and your 2 suggestions are great - just hope it won �t take too much of your time...
have a nice day!

25 Feb 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

no other website even half the size of this one could run without a team of moderators who help the owner or organizer look after things and, as Philip said, nip things in the bud ... 

25 Feb 2011     

cheezels
New Zealand

What planet are you on?

In what universe do you think that it would be ok to write about your illegal activities on an educational site?

Like I said before, what you do in your private time is no business of mine but frankly you are obviously losing perspective if you think that this is ok.

You say what rules have you broken...
Well you have bragged about taking drugs on in international educational site. Some countries would give you extremely long jail sentences or even death for using drugs. So I would think that you are being quite offensive to many members here from various countries.

You �re probably thinking "oh lighten up you old hag"

But I am shocked at how you think it is acceptable for THIS site.

Maybe you should join here:
I am sure this site is more to your suiting.

www.partyvibe.com

Talk about drugs as much as you want here. I am sure you will find plenty of people who share your views.

25 Feb 2011     

leelei
Denmark

Redbull is good. He does not break rules of this sight as there are many other pictures and games that do not have anything to do with this sight. We are all adults (some of us) so if we do not  like, we don �t read it. Pretty easy.

26 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

• Don �t use the forum for personal attacks. Those kind of posts will be removed by the administrator.

• Never insult other users or try to hurt them.

I don �t see how you can say that he does not break any rules! Have YOU read the rules carefully?
  • Like other colleagues have said, what people do on their personal time, does not concern us, you can do as you wish, when you wish and how you wish, but don �t forget this is an EDUCATIONAL site.

EDUCATIONAL = EDUCATION / MANNERS / POLITENESS / HONESTY.... etc.
    But the most important point is that although, as you say, we are adults, we are also TEACHERS. If you really know the meaning of being a TEACHER, then you �ll understand why these types of posts are not suitable for THIS site.

Have a good night/day/afternoon everyone!

26 Feb 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >