Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Plese, I need a suggestion of a video or activities!!!     

Plese, I need a suggestion of a video or activities!!!

Dianna Madrigal
Costa Rica

Plese, I need a suggestion of a video or activities!!!

Do you have an idea of a video or movie I can use to introduce the topics: greetings, leave takings, personal information...??? Or activities I can develop with esl students, 12 and 13 years old??? It�s because I have some ideas but I have to work with them during 4 hours, so I need more help... And the habilities I have to work with are listening and speaking, its conversational english!!! Thanks for your support!!!! :) Have a nice day!!! :) 

3 Mar 2011      

majess
Spain

Hi Dianna,
Do you know the website www.teachertube.com?
You can find lots of videos on several topics for introducing things like greetings, introductions, personal information and so on.
I also recommend you the section Role Plays in this web, there are lots of funny activities for speaking and conversation.

And what about some Clap Activities such as "A walk in the park"? In this activity, you can increase the difficulty progressively. At the beginning, they walk around the classroom and, when you clap your hands, they have to greet one of their partners and introduce themselves. They, you can repeat it adding items, such as asking questions or saying something nice.
You can find more here: http://www.claptolearn.com/

I hope you find this useful!

Hughs,
Mar�a.

3 Mar 2011     

kiaras
Mexico

Maybe edutube.org may help or try youtube, you may find just about anything there. Hope it helps!

3 Mar 2011     

htunde
Hungary

Take a look at  Face2Face on YouTube. They are great.

3 Mar 2011     

Dianna Madrigal
Costa Rica

THANKS A LOT TO EVERYBODY!!!!!! :)

3 Mar 2011     

Dianna Madrigal
Costa Rica

And sorry I wrote "habilities" instead of ABILITIES!!!! Hahahaaaaa.... XD

3 Mar 2011     

judieguv
Costa Rica

Hi dear Diana Madrigal!
One episode that could work for you is the first one from THE BIG BAND THEORY. It is very funny, short and clear for them. In that one they are meeting each other for first time. Also, I recommend you to give them a sheet of paper with famous people �s personal information. So, they can pretend they are famous people. 

I hope it could work...

3 Mar 2011     

Dianna Madrigal
Costa Rica

And sorry I wrote "habilities" instead of ABILITIES!!!! Hahahaaaaa.... XD

3 Mar 2011     

Dianna Madrigal
Costa Rica

Thanks judieguv!!!! :D Pura vida!!!!! ;o)

3 Mar 2011     

Dianna Madrigal
Costa Rica

Thanks judieguv!!!! :D Pura vida!!!!! ;o)

3 Mar 2011     

abba
Spain

What about the TV series "Mind your language" Episode 1 is hilarious and deals with greetings and introducing oneself. Your students will enjoy it a lot (mine did) and they �ll have a lot of fun. It �s available in youtube. 

3 Mar 2011