Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sound files ATT voice    

Sound files ATT voice

edrodmedina
United States

Sound files ATT voice

I know I �ve posted this before but some  have asked me how I got the sound files for my PPT �s. ATT has a web site http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php 
Type in a word, phrase, sentence, paragraph or however much fits choose a voice, male female, British English, American English, Indian English or Spanish, French, Fr. Canadian, German, Italian and  you can dnload it as an mp3 . Quite easy. Oh...and it´s free.

7 Mar 2011      

GinaCic
Korea, South

Thank you ! :)

7 Mar 2011     

mariannina
Italy

Very kind of you, ed. Thank you!
Thumbs Up

7 Mar 2011     

juliag
Japan

Yes, very kind, thank you. This looks like something that will be fun to experiment with at some time in the future.

7 Mar 2011     

foose1
United States

I don �t know if the sound can be used in slides that are distributed??? Maybe it would be best to read the restrictions again?

7 Mar 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

I see what you mean John.  The sounds are not to be distributed according to the user restrictions. My bad. They can be used gfor personal use only. Thanks John.

7 Mar 2011     

foose1
United States

Try out the Acez All Audio Converter version 3.0.  It is free to download and gives you 8 or so conversions.  For some reason it will not shut down though and I find that I can use it for free again and again and again.  Sometimes, I have to shut down my computer but when it comes up the audio converter works again. 

7 Mar 2011     

Gerardina
Costa Rica

Thanks for sharing !!! Have a nice week. Smile

7 Mar 2011     

magneto
Greece

Thank you both, Ed and John!

7 Mar 2011     

izulia
China

Thanks for sharing, great site. Very useful!

7 Mar 2011