Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Games or extra activities needed    

Games or extra activities needed

Urpi
Peru

Games or extra activities needed

Hi I am not used to teaching children but now I have to. On Saturdays I am teaching kids fron 6 to 9 years old, I have a three hour period class with the same group. They are learning the difference between plural and sing, also colours. Places in my town There is there are. Animals at the zoo. Well what they demmand all the time is to play games they want to play all the time, and I have ran out of ideas, What kind of games could be useful and educational at the same time? Please I know that you are awesome. And I will be more than thankful.

11 Mar 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You can find some sets here. Here you can find more ideas if you scroll down a bit you�ll see this section 

ESL Communicative Games for Classroom Learning

Sophia

11 Mar 2011     

ants
Switzerland

I teach kids from 7 upwards and have a small group of 3 kids who are 9 years old.
I �m teaching them prepositions and get them to play with two boxes and some plastic fruit.
I pick one of them to give the commands such as: Put the orange in the box!
They love taking turns giving the commands and also playing against each other.

If I had a larger number of kids, I would get them doing the prepositions.
Such as saying: David is between Kristine and Anna. 

I find that with simple prepositions, the kids start speaking faster too.
You can introduce any vocabulary you like and vary the games depending on how quickly they learn the prepositions. 

My group are learning 8 prepositions at the moment and doing very well indeed.
Give it a try and hope your kids enjoy it!!
Hugs,
Fiona

12 Mar 2011