Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Japan Quake, Tsunami, Nuclear Reactors    

Japan Quake, Tsunami, Nuclear Reactors

yogiba61
Spain

I �m really very shocked about whait is happening in Japan. I �m glad you are  alright and  I hope our godess nature stops doing harm. Take care.

12 Mar 2011     

mariannina
Italy

My dear, I �m happy you are safe! I don �t know what to do in a situation of earthquake danger. In theory we know "everything", but when it strikes it is a catastrophe! Italy is under such a threat and we understand what you are living right now. My prayers are certainly with you but I �d like to do  more...what?
Hugs.
Mariannina

12 Mar 2011     

Gerardina
Costa Rica

My heart and prayers go out to all the people in Japan.
God bless you all.

12 Mar 2011     

maryse pey�
France

dear Kohaku,

you are very courageous ! I have a special friend in Osaka who was my Japanese teacher for a too short while unfortunately. He told me he was safe ! It is such a relief to know people we worry about are ok !

Take care of you and may all of you (our colleagues and all the Japanese) be allowed to start a quieter and normal life as soon as possible !

My deepest thoughts are with all of you ! Once again take care of you !

12 Mar 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Kohaku

So happy to see you are safe.
Now, you ask what else can you do to be prepared for something worst.
I �ll tell you about my little experience - many years ago, about midnight, I felt a slight something  of a heartquake, here , where I live. Glasses and cutlery started to make a noise inside the drawers and the cupboards . My children were all very young, may be between 6/7 and 10/11.
I prepared a backpack for everyone , in the family - more clothes, in the case warm clothes, water and cookiies, and their identity cards.
I put some blankets  at the entrance and said goodnight to everyone. Everyone had a pair of shoes at the entrance, too. Put them to sleep and told if, in the middle of the night , I would wake them up they would have to follow the instructions very, very closely.

I think no one slept that night.

We never learn how to deal with these situations - may you all have some rest and calm - let �s wait the problems with the nuclear plants turn out to be nothing .

Hugs
Linda

12 Mar 2011     

juliag
Japan

@ Kohaku, check the PM I sent you earlier.

Also Linda �s advice above is excellent.

@ Linda, thank you for all your wonderful words of support and clear and calm advice to us all.Hug

@ everyone else, thank you for your concern, it is so nice to know we are not alone over here.Hug

It seems that within Japan that they are reporting that even though the nuclear power plant did explode the central part of it (? - I guess the reactor??) is okay and that the threat is over. I hope this is not just optimism and will not prove to be contradicted, but it seems that for now at least they believe there is no danger from it so we can all rest a little reassured tonight I hope , both those of us here and our friends in other countries who are showing so much love and concern for us.

12 Mar 2011     

Kohaku
Japan

I pray they aren �t just being optimistic. Its hard to say since CNN is contradicting the local network. 

13 Mar 2011     

patties
Italy

I�ve seen seen the videos of the disaster in Japan. They are horrific. I hope everybody there will recover as soon as possible.My prayers go to the Japanese people and to all Japanese members on this site.

hugs

13 Mar 2011     

< Previous   1    2