Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > MY WORKSHEETS HAVE BEEN REPORTED!!!!!WHY?????    

MY WORKSHEETS HAVE BEEN REPORTED!!!!!WHY?????

tania115
Ukraine

MY WORKSHEETS HAVE BEEN REPORTED!!!!!WHY?????

MY WORKSHEETS ON "THE HISTORY OF POPCORN, SPAGHETTI, ICE CREAM, PIZZA AND POTATO CHIPS" HAVE BEEN REPORTED. BUT THEY ARE READING WORKSHEETS! MANY TIMES I SAW THAT SOME PIECES OF INFORMATION HAD BEEN TAKEN FROM SOME SITES BUT STILL THESE WORKS HADN`T BEEN REPORTED. IT`S UNFAIR!!! I HAVE BEEN THE MEMBER OF THIS MARVELOUS SITE FOR ABOUT ONE YEAR AND EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE ANY WORKSHEET. I`M IN DESPAIR!!!! THIS SITE BECAME THE IMPORTANT PART OF MY LIFE!!!  

12 Mar 2011      

libertybelle
United States

I haven �t seen your newest worksheets - so I don �t know if you credited the site where you got your reading materials.
It �s a good idea to adapt or/edit materials - and write where you got your materials from - adding that you edited and adapted it.

You can �t take credit for something you didn �t write. It �s also important that you add activities that you �ve made yourself.

Hope this helps
L

12 Mar 2011     

Marta_
Portugal

Hi Tania,

I can  see that you are a bit upset because creating one worksheet takes at least, a couple of hours!  Maybe you have forgotten to name the source of your information, or you just didn �t  think it could matter, but this is really important because of the aurhors � rights. I don �t know what can happen, but even if your worksheets get removed, you will make pretty good new ones I am sure. Cheer up! :)

12 Mar 2011     

xochitsin
Mexico

Mine too.... :(  I �ts about prepositions...)
 I guess the problem �s because of the pics... I took it form google... I wrote prepositions of place ant it comes in first place.... (not even in the images search). I copy it from the net and the I arranged some details with photoshop. Then I wrote my own excercises... but I guess that as it �s so easy to get tha pic, other members took it too...  at the same time there are not 100 options, it �s just the dog ON or the cat On (in general) so.... maybe someone thought I stole their work!!!!   :(   I spent a lotta time preparing that. I �m dissaponted... to get that message was not nice, hope they �ll put it back... as for yours, too.

12 Mar 2011     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Tania, I am the one who reported your worksheets because you haven �t added any activities to the text, so there isn �t anything for our students to do besides reading it.
It would be very easy indeed to make your worksheets very interesting for the students to read if you added some tasks to go with the text in order to develop students � reading and writing skills. Why don �t you do that and upload them again? That �s just a suggestion, of course.

I �m sorry if I made you feel bad. That was not my intention. As I �ve said, I think your worksheets may become quite interesting and useful if you just add a few tasks.

Have a nice weekend,
mena

12 Mar 2011     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I just wonder how can Tania add any tasks and reupload the ws if she is kicked from the site after her 4 ws being deleted by moderators � vote?

12 Mar 2011     

tania115
Ukraine

to Sonn:

I have been not kicked from the site yet and I am desperately hoping that this won`t happen and I`ll have a chance to reupload my worksheets having added some tasks before. 

Thank you all for your comments.

12 Mar 2011     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Tania, I also hope you �ll stay with us. But the fact is that if a person breaks the rules of the site 3 times, that is 3 of his/her wss are removed, the accont will be cancelled.

12 Mar 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Natalia, 

The �three strikes � rule is not really hard and fast (see the section beginning �If three of your contributions...� - there is room for common sense). But, as many of us are aware, some members whose accounts have been cancelled just keep coming back with different accounts....and keep having their worksheets reported (some, as many as six or seven over a relatively short period before they �re bumped). I can imagine this would be a real source of grievance for those who have genuinely made honest mistakes or misunderstood the �rules � and found themselves thrown off the site with no chance of redress.

12 Mar 2011