Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > clothing lesson    

clothing lesson

esther.diago
Spain

Hi,  You can use "The emperor �s new clothes" story but instead of a emperor you can choose POCOYO, RAPUNZEL, BARBIE, KEN or any kind of famous cartoons your children are interested of.  You tell them the story with a different character. I did it and it was a very good experience.  My character was BUDDY for Toy Story.  Good luck.

13 Mar 2011     

ants
Switzerland

Another fun game after pre-teaching with flashcards and working a bit with worksheets...is to put a piece of string up (where you can depending on the room) and peg clothes on it.
Even using two chairs could work.

One person in each team must stand outside the door...while you take away an item of clothing. They have to say which item is missing.
Or you have a race with teams to peg on clothes that someone dictates...such as "Peg up the T-shirt".

13 Mar 2011     

Mallerenga
Spain

What I normally do (not only with clothes but with vocabulary in general) is photocopying the vocabulary pictures on different colour papers. Then, I laminate them and I put some clips or staples. I �ve got two magnets (like fishing rods) and I ask them to go and fish for "a red skirt" for example. So, I work with colours and clothes at the same time. Then, I can have some competitions. My kindergarden classes love it!

13 Mar 2011     

poleta
Spain

Three excellet books about Clothes

Hippo Has a Hat Julia Donaldson (Clothes and animals)

�Lots of clothes! Let�s try them.
Maybe we can buy them.�

There�s chaos in the clothes shop when the animals go on a glorious shopping spree.

A simple rhyming picture book with extra tough pages for toddlers.

Maisy goes swimming by Lucy Cousins

The infants and toddlers board book is a great tool for children to learn the names of different articles of clothing. Also, children learn to identify colors and their name. Since children at this age have a short attention span, the tabs and flaps will keep their attention on the book as they listen to the words.

The text on each page is the same color as the article of clothing. For example, if Maisy is taking off her blue hat and scarf, the text is blue. Brown text is for the brown boots.

Lucy Cousins� Maisy Goes Swimming is the board book for the parents who are teaching their child colors and names of clothing. The story is simple and fun. What child does not like to swim or play in water? 

Ready or not , Mr Croc by Jo Lodge

13 Mar 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

thks everyone for ur ideas.. they are all great!

14 Mar 2011     

< Previous   1    2