Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for a class-book...     

Looking for a class-book...

Samantha.esl
Italy

Looking for a class-book...

Hi!
Could anyone help me or suggest a class book which deals with vocabulary on �economics, � please?
I �m having a group of students who are studying to become accountant and want to learn english based on it.

Thanks!

13 Mar 2011      

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi, Samantha... I believe it will be hard to find something that specific, usually course books are focused in business in general, but maybe, hopefully, someone has something more specific on economics.

Meanwhile, I �d like to suggest "Market Leader" (Pearson Longman)... I �ve recently had a chance to analyze the material and I was quite surprised... you see, generally "business" coursebooks are apparently for stds who already speak the language, and from my POV, they do not teach "English", just "business vocabulary"... but this one I thought it was very complete. And it involves all the areas of "business" (Marketing, Management, Leadership, including Economics).

Maybe it can help you if your stds are also trying to learn the language WHILST they study the specific vocabulary, I mean, if they don �t already speak English, I think it would be of great help to you and them.

Hope to have helped a little...
See you around,

Bruna.

13 Mar 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

http://www.audioenglish.net/english-learning/efl_accounting.htm
listening + vocabulary on accounting, online exercises

I think you should provide your students a list of common accounting terms + translation.
Ask them to learn 10-20 expressions for each lesson and test their knowledge every lesson.
Without the vocabulary they cannot speak about accounting, so it is necessary to study the high frequency accounting expressions...

13 Mar 2011     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi Bruna and MOracv...

Thank you so much! You are right Bruna ... most of the books are for people who already know english quite well and I need a book which also teaches english since students don �t know it.. They actually are at an elementary + level...

I �ll have a look!

13 Mar 2011