Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Similes (you might not want to use)    

Similes (you might not want to use)

edrodmedina
United States

Similes (you might not want to use)

Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two other sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

She caught your eye like one of those pointy hook latches that used to dangle from screen doors and would fly up whenever you banged the door open again.

The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn �t.

McMurphy fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.

Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.

Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree.

The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

14 Mar 2011      

imanito
Morocco

LOL

14 Mar 2011     

maryse pey�
France

:0)))))))))) !!!!!!!!! Thanks Ed !!!!

14 Mar 2011     

donapeter
Romania

Nothing new for me!!!! I read this kind of things almost every day. At the beginning of my career(as I can claim I have one...hi hi )I used to write them down, but later I noticed they are way too many and I just couldn �t manage to write down so much.  

14 Mar 2011     

suhakhader
Jordan

Thanks Ed:))))

Funny!! Thanks again

14 Mar 2011     

magneto
Greece

LOL
Thanks, Ed!

14 Mar 2011     

alien boy
Japan

Delightful! LOL Thanks Ed, this is a great spirit lifter to start the day!

14 Mar 2011