Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help kids class    

Help kids class

D@N! P
Brazil

Help kids class

Hello, Dear teachers

Tomorrow I�m starting in a new group I never teach: Kids 1. It is their very first contact with the language. I�m not really sure how to start with them. Could you give some suggestions? I mean how would this class be like? What should I teach? What can I know to get to know them? Please help me.

15 Mar 2011      

manonski (f)
Canada

You could start with name tags.
Bring different colours of construction paper.
Greet your students one by one. Ask them to come to the board and choose a colour for their name tag.  "Hi! My name is Dan. What is your name? What colour do you prefer: red, yellow, blue, green...?"
Ask students to write their name on the tag in big letters. If they have more time, you can ask them to draw their favourite animal, food, sport... on the tag.
When they come to the classroom, ask them to take out their name tag and place it on the desk. You �ll quickly learn their names.

15 Mar 2011