Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Latest news from Japan    

Latest news from Japan

alien boy
Japan

Latest news from Japan

Well, things are still going on over here!

Latest nuclear power plant status:

Despite reports in foreign press there has been no panic as such, apart from people stocking up on emergency supplies. No police required for crowd control, no uncontrolled masses (unless you count rock concert like queues waiting patiently for transport). In northern Japan some people are �fleeing � the area... but in context it means some are leaving carrying minimal possessions but it �s not uncontrolled masses or helter-skelter bedlam!
So please check several news sources rather than relying on purely non Japanese news sources! This applies to ABC Australia & BBC Great Britain too. I have heard, however, that Al Jazeera is giving excellent & balanced coverage in English.

I still highly recommend NHK World TV �s Live Stream as the best coverage of current situation straight from Japan.

Remember... donate generously to relief organisations!

Regards,
AB

15 Mar 2011      

Mar0919
Mexico

Good morning, AB, good night for you... I �m off to work, will check in a few hours. Take care everybody in Japan, please!!! Stay safe!

Love,

Mar

15 Mar 2011     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Thanks for the links.

You and your people are in our thought and prayers.

Take much care

15 Mar 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Thanks AB - I shall check out those links.

Our Japanese students are in shock, especially those with friends/family in affected areas.

It �s a terrible time and unbelieveably there seems to be just one natural disaster after another lately.  PhilipRs natural disaster discussion cards have been used extensively in my classes this year and it �s only March.

Let �s hope and pray for everyones safety and an end to tragedy.

15 Mar 2011     

juliag
Japan

We just had another quake here in Japan, seems it was in Shizuoka. Doesn �t seem to me much related danger being reported so far.
I do hope you �re all okay.
What is happening here, so many earthquakes in such a small space of time. It is getting slightly concerning.

15 Mar 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Oh dear - hopefully those temperamental tectonic plates will settle down soon.  It is surely most frightening for those in the midst of it all.

We had an earthquake downunder today too - just a  small no 4 off the QLD  coast and barely felt on land yet enough to give everyone who felt it the jitters.  Apparently it was unrelated to Japan & NZ quakes but netherless another staunch reminder that we are at the mercy of Mother Nature who may strike at any time she feels like it.

Take care everyone.

15 Mar 2011     

anaisabel001
Spain

Take care  everybody. Hug

15 Mar 2011     

alien boy
Japan

Yep - the quake was 6.o, Tokai region. No reported damage  & no tsunami risk as it was inland.

The tsunamis are what have caused the massive death & destruction ... so if there �s a quake offshore please stay off the beach...

Australian government radiation announcement for Japan

Jayho - I recommend giving your students the website for NHK TV. They �ll feel a little better if they get to watch some local news (I hope)

Good night all.

just had another 6.2 hit Shizuoka again... Again, no major damage reported but warnings about possible landslides have been issued.

15 Mar 2011     

metcet20
Turkey

Dear Japanese people, Ihope the quake will finish soon. May God/Buddha be with you.
神があなたとともに居ますように�

15 Mar 2011     

Teachingmama
Hong Kong

Juliag, AB and all other friends in Japan .... Please relay my prayers to you, your friends and relatives.  Hope everyone is safe.   Take care!

15 Mar 2011     

alien boy
Japan

I �m off to work today, so you won �t hear from me until much later today Smile

Have a good & safe day everyone!

15 Mar 2011