Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Christmas crackers    

Christmas crackers

yetigumboots
Germany

Christmas crackers

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to make a christmas cracker that actually cracks... I thought I would do a last lesson before xmas on British christmas stuff. They don�t have Christmas crackers in Germany like we have, so I though it would be fun. Any ideas????

Merry Christmas to you all.  Yeti xx

12 Dec 2008      

Zora
Canada

Here�s a nice little site that explains everything AND sells the thing that makes the "cracking noise" !!

http://www.oldenglishcrackers.com/make-your-own-crackers.htm

12 Dec 2008     

yetigumboots
Germany

Thanks guys, I think I am a bit late to order the cracky things... I thought there might be a way of doing it without having to spend money. he he... Some hope...Geek

12 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

You Guys!

You DO know that crackers are two things!
One is a paper roll thingy with hidden little trinkets in it that go off with a little blast
and the other is a kind of biscuit  you eat - like saltines or graham crackers!
(good with cheese on it!)

L

12 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Hey liberty... the cracker expert! LOL Actually, I always think of the food first when I hear the word. But it�s Christmas time so I remember that they are probably talking about the other thing.. :)

And Yeti, the "snapper" is what makes the noise and it�s not an easy thing to "make" since it is made with ... I think .. a gunpowder, sulfur type substance... like the popcaps things.. if anybody remembers the guns that used to make sounds thanks to a little piece of paper that you could hit and it would go "bang"..

But you could make them without the "snappers" - it�s still a nice activity.

12 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Just don�t go crackers either making or eating your crackers!!!
B-)

13 Dec 2008