Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Sharing resources with students online    

Sharing resources with students online

emmajones
United Kingdom

Sharing resources with students online

Hello All!

I am looking for a way to share resources with my students online and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? At the moment I am mostly emailing students with worksheets (Word docs, PowerPoint files), links to videos and other useful websites but it �s proving difficult to manage now.

Ideally I would like to create some sort of website where I could upload all my resources into folders for students to take whenever they want but I can �t really do this myself (trying to convince my school to pay for it though!)

The best solution I have come across so far is Moodle but it �s pretty complicated and does a whole load of things I don �t really need. I have also looked at using Dropbox but it �s not ideal as I would want to be able to categorise or tag resources so students can find them easily. 

Any recommendations of something simple and easy (and cheap!) would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
EJ

16 Mar 2011      

Noor Siti Azlina
Brunei Darussalam

Hi EJ,

I �m just sharing what i �ve done with my pupils in school. I �ve used outlook.com with my pupils where i can collaborate with them through all my exercises and also they can upload any exercises that i �ve uploaded in my skydrive. it �s easy for the pupils and us teachers too. mayvbe you can try that.

16 Mar 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Emma

I advise you to use Google sites if you have a Google account. (And if you don �t, then set it up.) Google is a versatile platform which lets you do many things.
If you have your own Google site, you can post your worksheets in Google documents and link them to the site.

Here is a tutorial which explains everything.
http://www.google.com/sites/help/intl/en/overview.html

Good luck!

16 Mar 2011     

douglas
United States

Have you tried Englishexercises.org ?  I think it is Victor �s and there is a link to it on the ESL printables front page.  I haven �t used it personally, but I know some here do use it.

Douglas

16 Mar 2011     

ellakass
Israel

I use Englishexercises.org (2years already). 
It is simple, a lot of different exercises, different topics, easy to check pupils � works.
And if you upload your own ex-s, you can use them instead (or together) with others.

16 Mar 2011     

s.lefevre
Brazil

You can share dopbox.
You can leave your files and your students can access them.

16 Mar 2011