Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Job opportunities for a student    

Job opportunities for a student

vercap
Czech Republic

Job opportunities for a student

Hi everybody!

First of all, I have to write that I really love this website and admire the hard work that �s visible behind each worksheet you upload here.

And now to my problem:
I wonder if there is anybody who could help me, or actually one of my students.
I am an English teacher at a grammar school in the Czech Republic and I am trying to help my student. She is searching for a summer job (summer camps, au-pair, ...)in Great Britain to practise her English before taking her school leaving exam next school year.
Because she won �t turn eighteen until May, there aren �t many legal ways for her at this moment to look for a job for this summer. Unfortunatelly, when she turns eighteen, there won �t be any jobs left.

Does anybody of you have an idea where she could search or do you by any chance know of a job she could apply for?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Verka

17 Mar 2011      

Riphly
United States

Your student probably doesn �t have to be 18 when she applies for inclusion in a program for when she turns 18. The age requirement is for visa purposes and the visa can be attained several months after the application if the student is selected to participate in a program.
Visas are generally attainable at an Embassy or Consulate in a matter of days.
In many countries, there �s a Rotary Club and/or other such business-based social service organization that have, or can assist with finding, such opportunities to join programs for summer programs.
It is unlikely that no one born in March~May can ever participate in any such programs.
Your student and the family need to explore possibilities more widely.

18 Mar 2011     

Riphly
United States

For the Rotary Club in your area where you may find such a program or someone who knows how to locate such a program, go the the Rotary club site locator at
http://www.rotary.org/en/AboutUs/SiteTools/ClubLocator/Pages/ridefault.aspx
and then type in:
Czech Republic
in the
Enter name or �country or district �  bar.
This will take you to a list of Rotary Clubs in the Czech Republic from which you may select the closest branch:
http://www.rotary.org/en/AboutUs/SiteTools/ClubLocator/Pages/ridefault.aspx?k=ClubKeywords%3aCzech%2bRepublic&txtKeywords=Czech+Republic
There seem to be 46 clubs in the
Czech Republic. They may be able to help you.
Good luck!

18 Mar 2011