Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Books recommendations please!!!    

Books recommendations please!!!

viccxx
Greece

Books recommendations please!!!

Dear friends,

hello to all! I am in serious need of help, please...An old student of mine that had taken the advanced level of the Greek state exam last year wants to do Proficiency. The problem is she wants it in 4 months (yeah, right...). I have warned her that it is nearly impossible, but she is determined. OK, so supposedly I take the risk...She wants to give the City & Guilds exam (greek colleagues will surely have heard of it). The problem is, or rather are:

I have no idea how this exam works. Sure, i read the information on their website, but I have no experience with it.

I havent got the foggiest idea what books to use. All the books i have are based either on the Cambridge or Michigan Prof. Any suggestions????

18 Mar 2011      

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Well I know it is difficult to make it happen in just 4 months but another exam you can take a look at is the "tie".It only tests writing and speaking and as I have personal experience with it, it �s perfect.IF you need any guidance by me let me know!!!!

18 Mar 2011