Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > To whom it may concern    

To whom it may concern

lady_gargara
Turkey

I also asked for some sites and as they didn �t allow I didn �t use them. I wanted to mention that this member wasn �t the only one who used them in her wss. If the site doesn �t allow we cannot use them, of course. 

19 Mar 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

First: anyone can report a worksheet BUT the "reporter" CANNOT vote the worksheet to stay/to remove. The "reporter" reports ONLY.
The MODERATORS VOTE for or against removal. There are about 20-50 active moderators.
@G�l:
IF there is anybody to blame, the voting moderators are to blame, NOT the reporter, NOT lizsantiago because Liz COULDN �T vote. It is EXTREMELY RUDE to highlight her name at forum. This sort of stuff SHOULD be solved PRIVATELY via PM, not FORUM!!! I find your behavour extremely impolite!!! You have been a member for a long time so you SHOULD have known all the rules and you should know what is considered improper!!!

I reported 4 parts of a beautiful ppt story, which was a great resource, but unfortunately it contained a story from British Council website and this website doesn �t allow anybody to redistribute, rewrite their materials.
Because the member �s account could have been cancelled, I wrote Victor and he decided not to cancel the account because it was 1 ppt in 4 parts.
VICTOR takes the FINAL decision. SO you should contact VICTOR.

I am sure if there was a mistake, Victor will help you and you will have your account and points back... Write to Victor, please!

By the way, the rule of 3 strikes is about COPIED worksheets, texts and/or pictures taken from a scanned book or from a ESL website.
Not wss with 2 cliparts or non-esl stuff, these reported worksheets are removed without any penalty!!!

If 3 or more worksheets were reported as COPIED, and SEVERAL moderators voted FOR the removal, then the wss were removed, a message  was sent to Victor and Victor decided to cancel your account. So the only one who can solve your problem is VICTOR!

19 Mar 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

I cannot comment on the worksheets of yours which had been removed (I didn�t see them) but only the worksheets with COPIED contents are considered as strikes against the rules.

So there must have been at least 3 worksheets with copyrighted or copied material...

I have warned several new members not to upload copied material and waited for removing their copied stuff. In one case I had to contact the member 3 times before she understood what I meant and removed the text copied from various websites. Sometimes we have to be really patient for SEVERAL days.
When I see a new member with few points, I download her wss and sent her recommendations about templates, cliparts and how to catch attention and I summarize the most important rules. Still some newbies don�t want to understand. Then I  report them...

@G�s: You have had the access to Reporting section, so you must have witnessed the common process: one worksheet is reported and then the member is revised by several moderators and if other worksheets against rules are found, they are all reported. So it is quite common to see several worksheets from the same member reported in one day. It is not a war, it is normal. It was nothing against you!
This very moment there are 3 worksheets of one Romanian teacher in the Reporting section and I am pretty sure it is because one of her worksheets was reported and then her whole account revised...

19 Mar 2011     

Katiana
Spain

Hi everybody,

I was one of the moderators who voted against the removal of Rose�s worksheets. She uploaded seven ws with 4 pictures in each of them, which is according to the rules when the worksheet is a flashcard. One of these seven worksheets was first reported by a member, not Lizsantiago, saying that the worksheet was only clipart, then Lizsantiago reported the rest of the worksheets as copies giving the link to the page where they appear in the IClipart site. So six of them were reported as if they had been copies from another member and this must have lead to the cancellation of Rose�s account, which in my opinion is very unfair. There are lots of worksheets with clipart from IClipart and unless the pictures have the watermark, I have never seen any of them reported as copies, so my question is why were five of these seven worksheets removed (moderators decided not to remove two of them, which is also very strange) and why has her account been cancelled? I have sent Victor a pm and hope he clarifies this situation.

Good evening/day

Katiana

19 Mar 2011     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

As moravc pointed out, I also believe it was a rude act to even highlight Liz �s name on the forum and then after some kind of epiphany saying it was not to blame her.

Regarding the reported wss, as a moderator I also voted for removal, there was no personal work from your part, it was a plain copy. That being said, I also reported 3 other wss which were copied from yet another source, nothing related to clipart... I �m sure you were aware of that. As I went home, I do not know what other moderators said about that, but I �m sure Victor has revised your account and decided to remove it after having more than 3 wss reported and removed.

VICTOR, as the website master and administrator, is the only person to remove accounts. He �s known to be a very unbiased ruler and therefore, if anyone cares for this website, they should be more careful and attentive to its rules. That way, we would not have this kind of (constant) complaining in the forum.

19 Mar 2011     

victor
Spain

Hello,

IClipart have clearly stated that they don �t allow us to publish worksheets with their cliparts (even if you pay for them). I consider this very unfair, because their terms of use are not clear about this.
Anyway no account has been ever cancelled for that reason. If that is the case, It �s my error, and I �ll solve it soon.

Sorry for all the inconvenience,

Victor

19 Mar 2011     

victor
Spain

Hi again,

I �ve been reviewing your worksheets.
Your account was not cancelled for the cliparts, it was for another worksheet: "Common Colour Idioms" which was reported for being copied.
Since you had other worksheets removed in the past for the same reason, this one caused the cancellation of your account.
Anyway, I �ve reviewed that worksheet and only the definitions were identical, the rest was different.
For this reason I �ve restored that worksheet and your account.

19 Mar 2011     

< Previous   1    2