Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Information on ´A Rescue ´    

Information on ´A Rescue ´

Greek Professor
Greece

Information on ´A Rescue ´

Good Evening to all...

After doing some searching and came up with nothing to my liking I thought I would ask you all for some help.

I have an elementary class aged 10-11. I have a speaking lesson on ´A Rescue ´
I like doing my lesson using the IWB. So I was wondering if anyone knows or has something fun, colourful, of course vocabulary is welcomed so I can put it together for my students.

I hope I have made myself clear.
Thanks in advance.

GP.

20 Mar 2011      

cheezels
New Zealand

If it is to be speaking based- why not make up some cards with situations that have rescue situations on them that need to be acted out.

First talk about people who help us/rescue us
eg: police, firemen, coastguard, swimming coastguards, ambulance/paramedics, air rescue teams, mountain rescue...
Then  discuss and write up what types of rescues these people do in their jobs.

Lastly use the pre-made situation cards they can do some drama.
It could be done in small groups of 3 or so and they have to make a very short drama about the situation on their card. At the end the other students have to discuss WHO rescued them and what the situation was.
eg: you wouldn ´t have firemen rescue people on a sinking boat in the ocean.... This would tell you if the students really understood the different roles that different rescue teams have.

Extension idea: Writing a radio news report about the rescue. Students write the report for their situation and then are recorded as news reporters. Then they can listen to it. I have done this and it went extremely well!

20 Mar 2011     

maroemma
Greece

Last year we had a seminar at my school (3rd Experimental School of Evosmos) on the topic of "First Aid" . I would be glad to send you my compilation of pictures which you could use in order to help them create a story. Imagination is all they need.

20 Mar 2011