Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Children who have got problems with concentration    

Children who have got problems with concentration

Weronika_1988
Poland

Children who have got problems with concentration

Helo! I tutor a 8 year old girl but I have got problems with her. She is unable to be fully focused during my lessons. It is very easy to distract her. When her mother does not force her to study she is not willing to do it on her own and when finally she has studied sth she does not remember it very long. However, when there is a need she can do that. I do not think that she suffers from ADHD or ADD but it is very challenging to make her study. Could you give me some pieces of advice how to make her more interested in learning the English language and how to make it more effective. a few examples or tasks which would help me while dealing with her.
Thank you in advance.

20 Mar 2011      

hania_arshes
Poland

I also tutor a girl the same age and although she has no problems with concentration she hates english and she just didn �t want to learn it. I try to make her like our lessons, so I prepare a lot of games for her - I use dominoes, some snake and ladder board games or even card games and the results are great. I don �t have any problems with her anymore, even if we have to do something boring she stays focused. I suggest you do the same - at the begining you may have to work hard to make her focused, but it gets easier with time. :)

20 Mar 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Timesavers Special Education Resource Booklet
Mental and physical disabilities, slow learners, disruptive learners, gifted learners. If you want to cater for the need for these learners in your classroom then this timesaver should be of benefit to you.

20 Mar 2011     

Weronika_1988
Poland

Thank you for your advice I`ll try take advantage of it :)

22 Mar 2011