Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > TEACHING ENGLISH TO KIDS, TIPS, RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT METHODOLOGY AND CLASS MANAGEMENT    

TEACHING ENGLISH TO KIDS, TIPS, RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT METHODOLOGY AND CLASS MANAGEMENT

Canned Lessons 4 all!
Mexico

TEACHING ENGLISH TO KIDS, TIPS, RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT METHODOLOGY AND CLASS MANAGEMENT

Hi everybody,

Let me state my case:

I have been teaching English to adults for all my career (5 years or so) and I �ve been thinking about starting teaching kids ages from 6 to 12 (elementary school level) because I believe teaching kids would give me other kind of satisfactions and would take me out of my comfort zone, and I �m not a very old teacher (I �m 28)

I feel completely lost about methodology and principles, I know in this great website I can find tons of material, but I would really like to start reading something that could get me into the water and gime the foundations, also I would like some tips about class management because I don �t know how to treat kids regarding issues such as discipline and authority. (I �m a very lenient teacher but as I have taught at universities I haven �t had any problems because of that)

I really appreciate all your tips my fellow teachers!

Regards!

22 Mar 2011      

DCamargo
Colombia

hey man if you are interested email me at [email protected] and I can email you a nice method so you can teach kids.  Id be happy to help.  cheers.

22 Mar 2011     

Riphly
United States

I believe you must not underestimate the children you teach. What many authorities believe is that you �ll �lose � children if you push them and don �t make every lesson a �game �. I believe that games using the target language are rewards for the children for having put enough effort in to understand the language. So if you �re teaching independently, that �s my advice. If you �re working in the school system, do as the �Romans � do.

22 Mar 2011     

Canned Lessons 4 all!
Mexico

Thanks a lot for your advice, I really appreciate it

28 Mar 2011