Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New system to prevent stolen contributions    

New system to prevent stolen contributions

victor
Spain

New system to prevent stolen contributions

I�ve designed a new system to stop users who get points with stolen worksheets:
If you send a contribution today, it will start getting points tomorrow, but those points will be transferred to your account TWO DAYS AFTER PUBLICATION (three days after you send it).
This new system allows me to review stolen contributions BEFORE  the users can use the points.
I think it is just a little inconvenience for contributors, but a great benefit for all of us.
This new system will start tomorrow. I hope you like the idea.
Please continue reporting stolen worksheets and ppts. You are helping me a lot.

24 Sep 2008      

sylvievidal2002
France

I�m glad to hear that somebody found a system to stop thieves.  I�m still wondering what these teachers tell their pupils or students every day at school. Isn�t it one of our duties to help them become citizen of the world ?

24 Sep 2008     

dareka1
Japan

That�s a nice, simple solution. I think it�s a good idea.

24 Sep 2008     

sirah
Argentina

Great Victor!! I�m very happy that you could find a system to prevent thieves use the undeservedly points.

Thanks
Patricia

24 Sep 2008     

yenn
Mexico

Great! I think I could wait 4 my points a few more days !!! I really hope that with this measure "teachers" don�t steal more WSs anymore....�
Thank you Victor, Just for Care!!!

24 Sep 2008     

larei
Italy

First of all many thanks to Victor; I think this new procedure will help to sort out the stolen ws as long as we all do our job by reporting such phoney users.
I guess we can all help out Victor finding stolen if we had a folder or a forum that we can report to once we come across suspicious ws. don�t you think? So where exactly do I put such a note?

24 Sep 2008     

larei
Italy

On another note, I want to ask you for feedback on an issue I�m dealing with here:

I was about to share 3 files with flashcards for a memory game before I got second thoughts. The thing is that I have found a memory game online, you can buy it there. I liked the idea of the game and so I have downloaded clipart pix, created tables in a word document and thus have made �my own� flashcards. The idea is not mine though.

Now, am I allowed to share these flashcards with you guys or not? Shall I mention the publisher as a footnote?

I�d really appreciate if you could let me know your opinion on this matter.

Cheers

lars

24 Sep 2008     

handstand
Venezuela

Good solution, Victor.

Lars, I think that as long as you modify the game and mention where the idea originated, you should have no problem.  That way teachers can compare and decide if they want to pay for the original or download a modified version.

24 Sep 2008     

PurpleFlower
Bolivia

Great Idea Victor! As you say it is just a little inconvenience that I think no one will complain about because it will stop thieves from getting benefits they did not earn.
Thanks for creating such a nice and useful website!!Clap

24 Sep 2008     

meuge
Argentina

Awesome Victor.... Thank you!

24 Sep 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Great idea.

Thanks.

24 Sep 2008     

1    2    Next >