Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I am really worried!!!    

I am really worried!!!

majis
Uruguay

I am really worried!!!

I received an email from a girl from Africa, she says she got my e-mail from this page and I couldn�t believe that.
Can anyone see my information? She isn�t an English teacher, actually I don�t know who she is but I am quite worried because her story seems an invention.
She asked me to help her with a bank account!! Of course I answered no but now I am really upset because the whole thing sounds like a horror story and I can�t believe she got my e-mail address from here. Is that possible???

What should I do? I am pretty sure it�s someone who is bothering me or trying to convince me through mails to do something illegal.

suggestions pleaseeeeeeeeee   Confused Her e-mail is [email protected] Do you know her? Is she a member?

HELP!

Answer to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,
majis

13 Dec 2008      

Zora
Canada

Hey there majo.. your email is available when you push the button that says "contact" under your profile. My page opens directly to Outlook and your email is there... 

13 Dec 2008     

MadMadamMim
Serbia

I believe that it is a scam, what else could it be?

13 Dec 2008     

Spanglish girl
Argentina

Hey!! She also sent me an e-mail, but it is completely different, here I past it:

HELLO,
HOW ARE YOU TODAY? I HOPE ALL IS WELL.
MY NAME IS BECCA IN SEARCH OF A MAN WHO UNDERSTANDS THE MEANING OF LOVE AS TRUST AND FAITH IN EACH OTHER RATHER THAN ONE WHO SEES LOVE AS THE ONLY WAY OF FUN BUT A MATURED MAN WITH NICE VISION OF WHAT THE WORLD IS ALL ABOUT AND AFTER READING YOUR PROFILE IN
http://www.eslprintables.com I TOOK INTEREST IN YOU SO PLEASE TRY AND REPLY ME WITH THIS BOX.([email protected]). SO I CAN AS WELL SEND MY PIC TO YOU.
THANKS BECCA,

First of all, I�m NOT a man!!! and she also says she got my e-mail from this site, it�s really worryingShocked

13 Dec 2008     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Don�t take any notice of this kind of emails. Just delete it. And be careful, don�t open emails sent by people or companies you don�t know, just in case!
You always have the option of changing your personal details on this web and you can choose the option that says your email won�t be seen by anyone but Victor.

13 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

These are scam e-mails. Some examples are Spoof Websites, Bogus Lottery Winnings, Spoof Phishing Emails from Banks, Scam Emails from African Dictators (and their wives) and all other Identity Theft and Internet Fraud.

Read here,

Remember that Victor suggested removing your e-mail addresses from the forum because he was going to block them because these people may be  "fishing" our addresses. I have just searched for my e-mail address on the Net and I got all the posts where I had included it.

13 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

I got the same too - looking for a suitable man.  I don�t think I am asuitable man for anyone - just ask my wife.  I suspected it is a scam and so ignored it.

13 Dec 2008     

donapeter
Romania

Hello,
Dear Spanish Girl I got the same e-mail two days ago.
I just ignore these mails.

Dona

13 Dec 2008     

freddie
Canada

Definitely don�t open or respond to any emails you don�t know. It could be a scam or a hacker trying to get or use your personal info.

13 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Hi majis & everyone else!

Victor had a thread on this earlier: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=2560

You�ll find he explains it clearly. And yes, it�s a big fat scam!

Cheers,
B-)

13 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

A good idea is to have a separate public email address.  I have one in hotmail that I use for anything to do with websites, forums etc and my real one that I use for friends and work etc. I call my hotmail one my spam one as it doesn�t matter what goes in there or who sees the address.

Take absolutely no notice of these types of emails and do not reply to them. They send out  thousands of these types of mails, because it only takes one person to fall for their story and give them their bank number. There are so many different variations of the same thing.
The bottom line is never ever give your personal details including bank numbers to anyone. Not even if it is your "bank" emailing you.

Importantly don�t let these emails get to you. You are simply one in thousands who have received the same one!

13 Dec 2008     

1    2    Next >