Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Uploading problem: Persits.Jpeg.1 error ´800a0002´    

Uploading problem: Persits.Jpeg.1 error ´800a0002´

evl422
United Kingdom

Uploading problem: Persits.Jpeg.1 error ´800a0002´

I�ve been trying to upload for a couple of days, but each time I try it seems to time out or abort (at the file uploading stage - even with a tiny file) and I get a page with the following error:

"Persits.Jpeg.1 error �800a0002� The system cannot find the file specified. /send_printables/sendprintableswait.asp, line 114"

Any ideas?

13 Dec 2008      

Damielle
Argentina

Have you tried uploading another ws? If you are successful, go to the previous one and try modifying something (picture, background, font, border)

13 Dec 2008     

evl422
United Kingdom

Curious. I managed to upload one after opening it in Word 2007 and re-saving. It was originally an old Word 2000 format (with no pictures even). I�ll try a couple more and report back.

13 Dec 2008     

evl422
United Kingdom

Maybe I spoke too soon :-(   Back to the same error message - trying to upload a 31 kb file with no pictures in it whatsoever, which makes the "jpeg" error seem like it�s not something I�m doing, but a problem with generating the preview image on the server.

13 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

I�ve been trying to upload one ws and I had the same problem. Then I modified the margin size and I was successful.

Try again!

13 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

I think you may be right about it being a preview image error - it is an error common;y associated with that type of issue. Unfortunately I don�t know how to get around it for you. Unhappy

13 Dec 2008     

evl422
United Kingdom

I just tested out adjusting the borders as damielle suggested and it does seem to be the cause: I tested by adjusting the margins in the same file and it would not upload when the margins were set to zero, but could upload with a normal border.

Is there any chance of getting this fixed? I often make printables with zero margins when I need to cut them up for games, etc.

13 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

I just uploaded without any problem.  Try saving your ws with a new name and try again.  Make sure it is a .doc page.

13 Dec 2008     

evl422
United Kingdom

Yes, it�s in doc format. Like I said in the last post, with making two identical copies of a worksheet, but with zero cm borders in one version, it will not generate the preview image in that case, hence the upload fails.

13 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Good detective work there evl422! We should get this info added to the FAQs - it may save a few headaches for people as this particular issue appears to be quite common (though I haven�t had this problem - I usually use 1.5cm borders).
Cheers,
B-)

13 Dec 2008     

victor
Spain

Hi evl42,

please send me a copy of your worksheet to my email [email protected] (the one with 0 borders), and I�ll try to check why it fails.
Thanks

13 Dec 2008     

1    2    Next >