Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Love this comment and had to share it.    

Love this comment and had to share it.

roneydirt
United States

Love this comment and had to share it.

Got into a loud argument in the office.   We moved to a new office so some can be moving problems.

"Your jacket on the back of the chair and bookbag under the desk offends the parents."

Ok that one is not so bad but how about this one.

"seperate offices means different in [country name] �s English than it does in English."  (For protection of the country didn �t put the country name when she used it.)

27 Mar 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

Hey, how are u? The other day u asked if u were crazy. I think if u keep working w/those nuts you soon will be! U are under appreciated and it seems treated unprofessionaly. U know your options I don �t, but u have to take care of your well being. Just my 2 cents. Ed

27 Mar 2011     

roneydirt
United States

Thanks Ed....  and the other day thanks Alien boy.  I do hope when the new school year starts up I get to go to a real school.  I just have to keep myself in check intill then.  I haven �t shared some of the crazier stories on here.  Been told I should write a book about them.  It would be filled with death, bullets, rebirth, survival and too many famous people and some of them might not want to end up in the book.  I have lived it and even I think some of it is full of insanity.  Imagine one day sneaking through crack alley looking for a particular person and the next day sharing tea with a famous actor.  I am in that area.  It is one reason I sometimes think I might have a bit of insanity in me.  Then I look to my Grandmother and she was in similar circumstances.  over my life been worth a few million and homeless.  Have dined with the Bush family and homeless people.

27 Mar 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Roney, I think you may have a strong personality and some people may feel jealous about what you understand or guess about them, about what you are able to give to people and students who come to ask you some advice or help. Please stay open-minded and protect yourself if you are sure you are right. It is not at all easy, and don �t even try - please ! it �s only a dream !, to satisfy everyone. Would it give actual satisfaction to anyone if you destroy yourself wasting your qualities ? So KEEP your qualities and be aware of the fact that strong personalities disturb people refusing to improve or being to selfish to share their knowledge - whatever it is. I am proud to share with others and if there are people who do not like me I ignore them. If you cannot ignore them only be hypocritical with them ONLY TO PRESERVE YOUR INTEGRITY AND PROTECT WHO YOU ARE. If they want to change they have to do the necessary steps, if they don �t want to you haven �t the right to commit a moral suicide by changing your deep beliefs. Listen to them and behave as the chameleon does : change your color to keep yourself safe and STAY Roney !

This is the best thing to do and to thank life for who you are : help people who want to be helped. The 1st you must help is yourself !!!!

Hugs.

27 Mar 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Well, Bill, as you �re obviously aware, this is one of the problems with working for private schools: profit invariably comes first - no matter whether it �s China or Chicago. Having said that, I know and have worked for private schools where the quality of the teaching and the commitment and competence of the teachers is paramount. You seem to be getting the "fuzzy end of the lollipop" on that score lately.

You dined with the Bush family? Are you insane?

27 Mar 2011     

roneydirt
United States

Thanks for the suggestions, trying harder to keep my tone down and do my job.  Actually was looking for others that had similar comments that an English word had different meaning where they were than what the good old dictionary says.

As for dining with the Bush clan, wasn �t my choice.  Found the women a whole lot smarter than the men folk.  Jr is basically what he seems on TV not as bright but has his moments, Sr....  well he might be one true Roman politician smile in your face and place the dagger in the back.  That is more my opinion.

28 Mar 2011